Fuelhawk Fuel gauge

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?DID=19&Product_ID=1284#desc

Has anyone ever used one these? Seems like it would be a great tool, if I correctly understand the simplicity and accuracy of using one.
Just about every airplane I've flown (okay, all four of them) had these on-board. They're pretty handy when you can't necessarily touch the fuel in the tanks - lets you know what you've got.

It's imperative that you have the right fuelhawk for the airplane, though.

Just dip it in the tank, put your finger over the top, and pull it out and read the fuel level. Just like pulling a sample of a drink with a straw, you know?

NC_BE300

http://www.sportys.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?DID=19&Product_ID=1284#desc

Has anyone ever used one these? Seems like it would be a great tool, if I correctly understand the simplicity and accuracy of using one.
Yes-these are awesome. Great tool to use.
I have one for a C152 & C172. They are very accurate & handy. Just dont accidently drop them on the ramp :(. I dropped one and it cracked part off-so its no longer usable.

Just used my 152 gauge today :) !

These are great to actually see the amount of fuel you are burning when you take into account the fuel before/after a flight based on how you fly-then compare to the handbook for the plane.
No longer do you have to wonder about the fuel guages-i dont know about yours but on my 152-they bounce like crazy. And looking in the tank from above or dipping your finger in there doesnt really tell alot unless the tank is topped off.

aeronaut

It's imperative that you have the right fuelhawk for the airplane, though.
Yeah, I see. They have two for the 172, a 21 gal and a 26.5 gal fuel dipstick. I'm guessing the 21 gal is for N & P models (21.5 gal unusable) and 26.5 gal is for R models (26.5 gal usable)? That doesn't make much sense though, why would they market the products with one usable qty vs another unusable qty??:confused:

Anybody??

bdhill1979

Gone West
I have one in the T210, really nice for when you can't quite take full tanks or if you have to stop at an airport without fuel.

No more eyeballing and saying some famous last words "I think there is 30 gallons in there".