Frontier

giddy

Whoa... I dont think Ive accumulated 40 sick days in my adult life.

Whoa...

You and your family are incredibly lucky hope your luck keeps going as long as it can. If you think there are too many or too few sick calls you’re making presumptions. If you’re presuming this is too many you’re flirting with a seriously f’ed up management attitude that compromises safety.

Stryker172

Whoa...

You and your family are incredibly lucky hope your luck keeps going as long as it can. If you think there are too many or too few sick calls you’re making presumptions. If you’re presuming this is too many you’re flirting with a seriously f’ed up management attitude that compromises safety.
Or Im doing it wrong, maybe I should call out sick more often. I did read something about abusing sick leave though. Is over 40 in under a year reasonable? I dont know the guy so whos to say. Im no fan of Frontier management by any stretch of the imagination but you'd need to be incredibly naive to think 40 in under a year wont raise red flags about possibly abusing sick leave.

Using sick leave to get time off to attend a friends wedding: abuse.

Using sick leave because your child is sick: not abuse.

@Stryker172 I wouldn’t waste another synapse firing to think about what is average sick leave use.

Good luck Frontier dudes. Hope you get a contract soon.

Autothrust Blue

"Get in, loser. We're going flying."
Using sick leave because your child is sick: not abuse.
And expressly legal in California, and probably another handful of states.

Or Im doing it wrong, maybe I should call out sick more often. I did read something about abusing sick leave though. Is over 40 in under a year reasonable? I dont know the guy so whos to say. Im no fan of Frontier management by any stretch of the imagination but you'd need to be incredibly naive to think 40 in under a year wont raise red flags about possibly abusing sick leave.
Well, wouldn't want you to be my chief pilot.

(Incidentally: it is illegal to advocate for or participate in a sickout)

Seggy

You can easily use 40 days of sick leave in a year if you break your arm, have young kids, have a heart attack, have kidney stones, and an assortment of other illnesses. It isn't that hard to see this.

Stryker172

You can easily use 40 days of sick leave in a year if you break your arm, have young kids, have a heart attack, have kidney stones, and an assortment of other illnesses. It isn't that hard to see this.
Of course, but at the same time youre gonna tell the boss about it right? Youre not just gonna arbitrarily call out sick 40 times. Did this guy break his arm? Who here knows? Theres more to this story than anyone here is privy to and yes, if there was no reason given that would be a red flag for abuse.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Of course, but at the same time youre gonna tell the boss about it right? Youre not just gonna arbitrarily call out sick 40 times. Did this guy break his arm? Who here knows? Theres more to this story than anyone here is privy to and yes, if there was no reason given that would be a red flag for abuse.
40 days of sick time isn't 40 occurances.

Stryker172

40 days of sick time isn't 40 occurances.
Is it so unreasonable to even entertain the possibility of abuse? Do you know this guys situation? If he broke his arm or something terrible happened at home and they fired him for it yeah eff that manager. If they asked for a doctors note and he didnt provide, thats a red flag.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Is it so unreasonable to even entertain the possibility of abuse? Do you know this guys situation? If he broke his arm or something terrible happened at home and they fired him for it yeah eff that manager. If they asked for a doctors note and he didnt provide, thats a red flag.
Guys abuse sick time all the time.

I'm saying that you can blow through 40 days no problem. Work six day blocks (which is pretty much all I do) and get a cold every other month (or in my case, strep throat. Thanks, girls!) and you're at 36 days in a year no problem.

We had a member who went through some medical stuff earlier this year, relating to sinus issues. I'm willing to bet he went through more than 40 sick days... Statistically, with that many employees, it's going to happen.

Stryker172

Guys abuse sick time all the time.

I'm saying that you can blow through 40 days no problem. Work six day blocks (which is pretty much all I do) and get a cold every other month (or in my case, strep throat. Thanks, girls!) and you're at 36 days in a year no problem.
No ones arguing that.