Frontier

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
You're hired! You trying to move South?
I mean, I’m not packing the uhaul, but my folks aren’t getting younger and I think the munchkins would like to spend more time with their uncles and aunt.

That and, I’m keeping a weather eye out for the right opportunity to go 121. I love, love my 135 job but

1. It’s just not a career stop, it’s hard to argue against a union contract with seniority progression, scheduled pay increases, real work rules, retirement, a real training program, etc. and

2. I’ve got concerns about how long the state of Washington is going to keep subsidizing this program when there are multiple overlapping commercial services in our coverage areas.

Last edited:

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
I mean, I’m not packing the uhaul, but my folks aren’t getting younger and I think the munchkins would like to spend more time with their uncles and aunt. That and, I’m keeping a weather eye out for the right opportunity to go 121. I love, love my 135 job but 1. It’s just not a career stop and 2. I’ve got concerns about how long the state of Washington is going to keep subsidizing this program when there are multiple overlapping commercial services in our coverage areas.
RIP your inbox
"I'll split the referral bonus with you"

Cloud Surfer

All Roads lead to Trantor
I mean, I’m not packing the uhaul, but my folks aren’t getting younger and I think the munchkins would like to spend more time with their uncles and aunt.

That and, I’m keeping a weather eye out for the right opportunity to go 121. I love, love my 135 job but

1. It’s just not a career stop, it’s hard to argue against a union contract with seniority progression, scheduled pay increases, real work rules, retirement, a real training program, etc. and

2. I’ve got concerns about how long the state of Washington is going to keep subsidizing this program when there are multiple overlapping commercial services in our coverage areas.
Lately Frontier has hired a smogasbord of folks having little to a hell of a lot of experience. Just go to a job fair; if you convince the recruiter that F9 is your no. 1, you’ll most likely get in.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer

That makes sense. If you have any questions just let me know. If you're sitting around doing nothing on the 19th, Aero Crew Solutions is hosting a free virtual job fair. That's what I attended and had an interview offer a few days later.

upup89

Lately Frontier has hired a smogasbord of folks having little to a hell of a lot of experience. Just go to a job fair; if you convince the recruiter that F9 is your no. 1, you’ll most likely get in.
Frontier really wants to hire the person not the logbook. A few of my FOs are even saying their silver bullet recs aren’t getting calls.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
What does it take to score an interview at Frontier these days?
My class has quite an hour range. But I think the only one without 121/135 PIC time has military experience. That being said I know of one guy that got hired with no TPIC. The best bet is to apply and go to a job fair.

Reactions: zVo

BigZ

My class has quite an hour range. But I think the only one without 121/135 PIC time has military experience. That being said I know of one guy that got hired with no TPIC. The best bet is to apply and go to a job fair.
I thought Frontier halted the classes until further notice and a bunch of guys are treading the water in the pool? Including some that have already put in their 2 weeks notices?

roundout

Bus Driver
I thought Frontier halted the classes until further notice and a bunch of guys are treading the water in the pool? Including some that have already put in their 2 weeks notices?
I empathize with these girls and guys, but this has happened literally every summer since I've been at Frontier, including the summer I was hired. EVERY summer they say they have suspended classes for a few months, then in mid July they go scrambling because they HAVE A STAFFING EMERGENCY AND NEED AN AUGUST CLASS!! When I interviewed in June, it was for a September class. LITERALLY, while I was there, halfway through the day they said they could offer an August class if anyone could be there that quickly.

Naturally, I can't predict what will happen tomorrow. But there is precedence for the level of gross ineptitude being displayed right now. I would be pissed if I had put in a 2 weeks and then they changed the plan on me, but just know if you're in this pool it might not be nearly as long as they say.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
I empathize with these girls and guys, but this has happened literally every summer since I've been at Frontier, including the summer I was hired. EVERY summer they say they have suspended classes for a few months, then in mid July they go scrambling because they HAVE A STAFFING EMERGENCY AND NEED AN AUGUST CLASS!! When I interviewed in June, it was for a September class. LITERALLY, while I was there, halfway through the day they said they could offer an August class if anyone could be there that quickly.

Naturally, I can't predict what will happen tomorrow. But there is precedence for the level of gross ineptitude being displayed right now. I would be pissed if I had put in a 2 weeks and then they changed the plan on me, but just know if you're in this pool it might not be nearly as long as they say.
As roundout said, according to the training department they are expecting it to happen exactly that way.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum

Hmmm... sounds like awesome managment and a great place to trust with your career.

roundout

Bus Driver
Hmmm... sounds like awesome managment and a great place to trust with your career.
Yeah, you know......at least now we make decent money. The business model works, the bigwigs know how to make the company profitable. The day to day stuff is sometimes challenging, but...yeah. Some of the people who make day-to-day decisions still run it like it's a struggling 50 plane operation flying turns out of Denver, but the people who are making strategic decisions are really good at what they do.