Frontier

elmetal

Ain't nobody got time for that
so roughly 12 pilots didn't vote....

They better have a damn good reason for not voting.

I kid I kid.

Well kind of, but not really, it's a pretty damn big deal that will affect the future of the airline and your career. this isn't like voting for president, this would be like voting to repeal the US constitution and replace with a new document. it's a giant freaking deal.

NickH

Dank Meme

I kid I kid.

Well kind of, but not really, it's a pretty damn big deal that will affect the future of the airline and your career. this isn't like voting for president, this would be like voting to repeal the US constitution and replace with a new document. it's a giant freaking deal.
That's 1% that failed to understand or make the voting system work correctly. That's actually pretty good. Especially since they have a Florida base.

roundout

Bus Driver
so roughly 12 pilots didn't vote....
I can think of at least one or two who I'd suspect of not voting.

Congrats, folks? I kid. We all deserve the pay raise. I wish it was more. But it is what it is. This deal is safe. Let's try to figure out how to make the most money we can with the language we have, because I'd bet the people running the show already have interpretations they're waiting to try out.

ackeight

I kid I kid.

I recently flew with someone who was retiring within the next few years. They said they wouldn’t vote on the next contract because it wouldn’t be fair to the pilot group that would be affected much longer than they would be around. Makes sense to me. Not sure how many frontier pilots are on the cusp of retirement.

elmetal

Ain't nobody got time for that
I recently flew with someone who was retiring within the next few years. They said they wouldn’t vote on the next contract because it wouldn’t be fair to the pilot group that would be affected much longer than they would be around. Makes sense to me. Not sure how many frontier pilots are on the cusp of retirement.
that's a fair view.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Congrats!

Can't believe we were arguing 8 pages ago whether this thing would pass or not. The contract is good for Frontier being a ULCC (plz don't get hurt again, we've already gone over the three different tiers of legacy/major airlines). But more importantly, you've now gotten a new contract that at least helps cement in the "equities" department if (when) you merge with Spirit, jetBlue, etc. One of the things in SLI arbitrations they look at is which company brought the stronger contract/pay/etc. I've already gone through 2 binding arbitration SLIs and in both cases belonged to the pilot group with the weaker (or non existant) contract. I can tell you twice from 1st hand experience, we lost footing in the equities department for lacking/not having a good contract, and the other airline was heavily favored. At least going forward even if you feel your contract isn't as strong or is weak, at least you have a good fighting chance in the SLI department if/when there is a merger with jetBlue, Spirit, etc.

FlySooner9

Can someone fill me in on what reserve is like at F9? Especially for a commuter. I’ve heard there’s long call. Do y’all have airport standys? Different start times on short call? Any ability to proffer for open trips?

upup89

Can someone fill me in on what reserve is like at F9? Especially for a commuter. I’ve heard there’s long call. Do y’all have airport standys? Different start times on short call? Any ability to proffer for open trips?
Start times vary by base. The bigger bases have more reserve shifts. Long call is 12 hours, short is 2. No airport standby. We have aggressive reserve the day prior to your reserve shift you can bid for any open trips.

xdashdriver

To add some details, there are 5 short call reserve shifts, each 10.5 hours long. They begin at 0400, 0800, 1200, 1700 and 1900 and are the same across all bases for now. You can swap short call RSV days with off days but cannot have less than 3 days on in a row, or more than 6 in a row, and it's all subject to there being sufficient coverage. Assignment on reserve works on a first-in, first-out basis within buckets of available days. I can explain more if needed.

Aggressive reserve rules are changing to allow you to bid a trip that goes into scheduled days off and get paid trip rig and flight time on the day off above min guarantee. You will also be allowed to pick up flying on days off, subject to restrictions to ensure you will still be legal on RSV days. Flying on days off will also be above min guarantee.

There will be 3 new types of reserve lines appearing too. One is a Fixed Day Off (FDO) line that will have the first 12, middle 12, or last 12 days of the month off in a row, with all other days being short call reserve days. The first day on duty in a FDO line is long call. The company is required to build FDO lines.

The second new reserve type will be 3x6 lines. These are 3 sets of 6 days on in a row. There do not seem to be any requirements to for the company to actually build these lines.

The final type is Half Month Reserve lines with either the first 15 or last 15 off. The company has discretion on whether to build these types of lines too.

They can convert long call to short call 6 times a month with no pay adjustment, but no more than 2 in a row and never on the last of a block. Any additional conversions result in 1 hour of pay above guarantee.

There's a lot more detail, but that covers the main points.

Autothrust Blue

The frakkin’ CAG
To add some details, there are 5 short call reserve shifts, each 10.5 hours long. They begin at 0400, 0800, 1200, 1700 and 1900 and are the same across all bases for now. You can swap short call RSV days with off days but cannot have less than 3 days on in a row, or more than 6 in a row, and it's all subject to there being sufficient coverage. Assignment on reserve works on a first-in, first-out basis within buckets of available days. I can explain more if needed.

Aggressive reserve rules are changing to allow you to bid a trip that goes into scheduled days off and get paid trip rig and flight time on the day off above min guarantee. You will also be allowed to pick up flying on days off, subject to restrictions to ensure you will still be legal on RSV days. Flying on days off will also be above min guarantee.

There will be 3 new types of reserve lines appearing too. One is a Fixed Day Off (FDO) line that will have the first 12, middle 12, or last 12 days of the month off in a row, with all other days being short call reserve days. The first day on duty in a FDO line is long call. The company is required to build FDO lines.

The second new reserve type will be 3x6 lines. These are 3 sets of 6 days on in a row. There do not seem to be any requirements to for the company to actually build these lines.

The final type is Half Month Reserve lines with either the first 15 or last 15 off. The company has discretion on whether to build these types of lines too.

They can convert long call to short call 6 times a month with no pay adjustment, but no more than 2 in a row and never on the last of a block. Any additional conversions result in 1 hour of pay above guarantee.

There's a lot more detail, but that covers the main points.
Stuff I'd like.

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
thanks @xdashdriver, you explained it better than I could have.

FWIW, to see what new hires can expect, I bid long call the past 8 months and worked only 3 days last month, sat at home the rest!

I have a relief line (I could of had a relief line since October) this month I've been here 11 months, I bid ~80/106 in vegas

All this with only 5 net airplanes, we have 19 coming this year.