Frontier

elmetal

Ain't nobody got time for that
so roughly 12 pilots didn't vote....

They better have a damn good reason for not voting.

I kid I kid.

Well kind of, but not really, it's a pretty damn big deal that will affect the future of the airline and your career. this isn't like voting for president, this would be like voting to repeal the US constitution and replace with a new document. it's a giant freaking deal.

I kid I kid.

Well kind of, but not really, it's a pretty damn big deal that will affect the future of the airline and your career. this isn't like voting for president, this would be like voting to repeal the US constitution and replace with a new document. it's a giant freaking deal.
That's 1% that failed to understand or make the voting system work correctly. That's actually pretty good. Especially since they have a Florida base.

so roughly 12 pilots didn't vote....
I can think of at least one or two who I'd suspect of not voting.

Congrats, folks? I kid. We all deserve the pay raise. I wish it was more. But it is what it is. This deal is safe. Let's try to figure out how to make the most money we can with the language we have, because I'd bet the people running the show already have interpretations they're waiting to try out.

ackeight

I kid I kid.

I recently flew with someone who was retiring within the next few years. They said they wouldn’t vote on the next contract because it wouldn’t be fair to the pilot group that would be affected much longer than they would be around. Makes sense to me. Not sure how many frontier pilots are on the cusp of retirement.

elmetal

Ain't nobody got time for that
I recently flew with someone who was retiring within the next few years. They said they wouldn’t vote on the next contract because it wouldn’t be fair to the pilot group that would be affected much longer than they would be around. Makes sense to me. Not sure how many frontier pilots are on the cusp of retirement.
that's a fair view.

Congrats!

Can't believe we were arguing 8 pages ago whether this thing would pass or not. The contract is good for Frontier being a ULCC (plz don't get hurt again, we've already gone over the three different tiers of legacy/major airlines). But more importantly, you've now gotten a new contract that at least helps cement in the "equities" department if (when) you merge with Spirit, jetBlue, etc. One of the things in SLI arbitrations they look at is which company brought the stronger contract/pay/etc. I've already gone through 2 binding arbitration SLIs and in both cases belonged to the pilot group with the weaker (or non existant) contract. I can tell you twice from 1st hand experience, we lost footing in the equities department for lacking/not having a good contract, and the other airline was heavily favored. At least going forward even if you feel your contract isn't as strong or is weak, at least you have a good fighting chance in the SLI department if/when there is a merger with jetBlue, Spirit, etc.