Frontier

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
For those who didn't click the link.... ALPA is suing Frontier on behalf of Frontier MEC, hopefully this kick-starts at least something to end this...

FWIW it was on the 90th day that the NC requested a proffer

upup89

Hopefully this brings the situation to some sort of resolution. Any history of this with other airlines in similar scenarios?

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
“Union doesn’t do anything for me.”
“You don’t really need labor unions in today’s world.”
“We’d be better off not paying 2% to this association.”

Let’s call this exhibit A as to why we all need and therefore should want union representation. This, and if you should ever find yourself terminated pending an investigation, or when you fail a class 1 medical exam.

Good luck to everyone involved.

bLizZuE

Had a F9 CA on the jumpseat last week or so and he said guys calling in sick over their cancelled vacation had either been fired or given disciplinary action. Don’t remember which. He was pretty bitter and pessimistic about the company but also hesitant to leave because he didn’t want to “give up my seat.” 4 year CA that claimed to turn down “5,000 dollar days” for work on his days off.

Stryker172

Had a F9 CA on the jumpseat last week or so and he said guys calling in sick over their cancelled vacation had either been fired or given disciplinary action. Don’t remember which. He was pretty bitter and pessimistic about the company but also hesitant to leave because he didn’t want to “give up my seat.” 4 year CA that claimed to turn down “5,000 dollar days” for work on his days off.
How is that legal? I can see the company asking for doctors notes but firing people?

upup89

The people terminated or offered to resign were on probation and had nothing to do with cancelled vacations. Don't know any other details. The environment here is very toxic currently. If you are considering this place you've been warned.

Had a F9 CA on the jumpseat last week or so and he said guys calling in sick over their cancelled vacation had either been fired or given disciplinary action
Well, considering the first cancelled vacation block began 3 days ago, I'm going to go out on a limb and state that this person was probably extrapolating out what might happen in the future based on what we've seen in the recent past.

bLizZuE

I might be conflating the issues. He was talking about probationary guys getting fired. Maybe I’m making up the reason regarding the vacation. This was more yesterday’s than yesterday.

CFIT99

there were 3 people that were fired that were still on probation and had excessive sick days ( one had over 40 in a 10 months span)

this place has tons of potential but until then it’s only going to get horrifyingly worse before it gets better

Stryker172

there were 3 people that were fired that were still on probation and had excessive sick days ( one had over 40 in a 10 months span)

this place has tons of potential but until then it’s only going to get horrifyingly worse before it gets better
Whoa... I dont think Ive accumulated 40 sick days in my adult life.

CFIT99

Bad News: NMB has decided not to let us Proffer

Good News: More then likely we are going to Up our Ask because it's over 2 years old.

...that is all...

amichael

To be a little more accurate, the Union is saying that there is no imminent deadline or proffer of arbitration expected due to NMB inaction. The NMB hasn't actually done anything one way or the other.

The RLA sucks.