Frontier

WaterRooster

I’ll preface this with a when a contract is signed I’ll come over but in the meantime...

Can anyone give me some insight into the ORD base? Junior FO? All the stuff someone might want to know if they wanted to hold the base in the first year.

etflies

Keeping calm, Chiving on.
I’ll preface this with a when a contract is signed I’ll come over but in the meantime...

Can anyone give me some insight into the ORD base? Junior FO? All the stuff someone might want to know if they wanted to hold the base in the first year.
As of the 11/2018 seniority list, the jr ORD FO is a 7/2018 hire, jr line holder is an 8/2017 hire and the jr Capt is a 4/2015 hire. I’m not sure what the plan with ORD is but I know we switched terminals within the last few months in order to have access to more gates more frequently. What we do with that, who knows.

WaterRooster

As of the 11/2018 seniority list, the jr ORD FO is a 7/2018 hire, jr line holder is an 8/2017 hire and the jr Capt is a 4/2015 hire. I’m not sure what the plan with ORD is but I know we switched terminals within the last few months in order to have access to more gates more frequently. What we do with that, who knows.
I appreciate the info. I was looking that it’s the smallest base so I’d have to take that into concideration. The walk to the frontier gates is ridiculous as well haha

I hear Spirit is going to buy them

etflies

Keeping calm, Chiving on.
I appreciate the info. I was looking that it’s the smallest base so I’d have to take that into concideration. The walk to the frontier gates is ridiculous as well haha

I’m not ORD based so I can count the number of times I pass through there per year on one hand with fingers to spare but as I understand it, the new gates are somewhat less than convenient.

As far as Spirit rumors, there’s always a merger/buyout rumor floating around.

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...

I’ve been here for 9 months and have yet to even go to ORD with Frontier. Although, i know they have some peach trips outs of chicago.

Another tin foil hat theory. An IPO is likely next year and Frontier will be flush with cash....just saying

turbojet28

ORD is kind of a small base. Most trips leave on leg one and don’t come back until the last leg. I think nearly every ORD flight is operated by an ORD-based crew at either the start or end of their pairing. We probably only operate 10-12 flights per day out of there. Not sure if there are many growth plans for it or not. They seem to like having a base there in order to easily DH reserves around.

WaterRooster

ORD is kind of a small base. Most trips leave on leg one and don’t come back until the last leg. I think nearly every ORD flight is operated by an ORD-based crew at either the start or end of their pairing. We probably only operate 10-12 flights per day out of there. Not sure if there are many growth plans for it or not. They seem to like having a base there in order to easily DH reserves around.
Thanks for the heads up! I'm based there now with my regional, so I wanted to try and get a feel for the base. I think over the next year getting in shouldn't be too hard, but with the new contract and planes, who really knows what its going to do.

Eagle421flyer

Thanks for the heads up! I'm based there now with my regional, so I wanted to try and get a feel for the base. I think over the next year getting in shouldn't be too hard, but with the new contract and planes, who really knows what its going to do.
Just a heads up, at spirit as soon as the new contract was signed we had a flood of new applicants. I’m pretty sure that’s died down now but for the first 6 months there were a bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

upup89

ORD typically has the best lines. The story they told us was that when we moved to T5 it would mean an increase in flying. That never happened.