Frontier

Cherokee_Cruiser

Why is it wrong?

If most of the country today can vote for a guy simply to vote against the other party, without any care for the background and character of the individual they’re voting for, what’s wrong with deciding no before you even see it? :stir:

roundout

Bus Driver
Is that good or bad for you guys?
Need to see language first. The rates are a huge jump from where we are, but I think most people were hoping for something closer to Alaska or JB rates. The ratification bonus is a big question as well because the company had an obligation to negotiate higher pay rates almost 3 years due to a side letter signed in bankruptcy and this doesn't appear to be addressed at all. If that is part of the 75mil signing bonus that's basically about 20 cents on the dollar in retro.

If this passes I doubt it's 70/30 like spirit, probably 60/40 or even less.

elmetal

Ain't nobody got time for that
Need to see language first. The rates are a huge jump from where we are, but I think most people were hoping for something closer to Alaska or JB rates. The ratification bonus is a big question as well because the company had an obligation to negotiate higher pay rates almost 3 years due to a side letter signed in bankruptcy and this doesn't appear to be addressed at all. If that is part of the 75mil signing bonus that's basically about 20 cents on the dollar in retro.

If this passes I doubt it's 70/30 like spirit, probably 60/40 or even less.
it'll be an easy 60-65% yes vote. And although it isn't great, and it really is just spirit's rates (don't forget we get 2.5% above published rates), it's a gigantic jump from where they were, and the NMB would look at the pilots saying nay to nearly 60% pay raise and instantly jump to management side. "See, we gave them a 60% raise and they said no! They're so greedy"

It's not about comparing yourself to other airlines, it's about comparing yourself to what you had, and the NMB loves that game apparently. It's BS, but it is what it is.

elmetal

The NMB is already on management’s side. If ever a pilot group “deserved” a fair shake at a strike, it was this Frontier group. Spoiler alert: it never even got close.
I understand that. don't give them any more fuel for their fire!

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
it'll be an easy 60-65% yes vote. And although it isn't great, and it really is just spirit's rates (don't forget we get 2.5% above published rates), it's a gigantic jump from where they were, and the NMB would look at the pilots saying nay to nearly 60% pay raise and instantly jump to management side. "See, we gave them a 60% raise and they said no! They're so greedy"

It's not about comparing yourself to other airlines, it's about comparing yourself to what you had, and the NMB loves that game apparently. It's BS, but it is what it is.
unfortunately agreed, we also get 5 hours vacation per day and 1.25% above 82 hours, which i'm gonna guess is what the NMB willl use as the "override" pay. Along with the whole 72 vs. 75 hour credit game.

They really wanted to give senior CA the upper hand with higher end pay and vacation rules...

my guess: passes 65/35

tin foil hat theory: this is a giant setup for an IPO and some kind of merger with Spirit. (Even the ratification dates will match up perfectly)

elmetal

unfortunately agreed, we also get 5 hours vacation per day and 1.25% above 82 hours, which i'm gonna guess is what the NMB willl use as the "override" pay. Along with the whole 72 vs. 75 hour credit game.

They really wanted to give senior CA the upper hand with higher end pay and vacation rules...

my guess: passes 65/35

tin foil hat theory: this is a giant setup for an IPO and some kind of merger with Spirit. (Even the ratification dates will match up perfectly)
I agree with the last statement wholeheartedly.

As for the 125% above 82, I actually hate that setup personally, it just allows the company to cover flying without having to pay premium because guys will jump at 125%. Skywest had something similar and as soon as it went into effect, 150% trips completely disappeared.

Sounds good on the surface but it really isn't good at all IMO

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
I agree with the last statement wholeheartedly.

As for the 125% above 82, I actually hate that setup personally, it just allows the company to cover flying without having to pay premium because guys will jump at 125%. Skywest had something similar and as soon as it went into effect, 150% trips completely disappeared.

Sounds good on the surface but it really isn't good at all IMO
not disagreeing but my comment said that’s how the company will “sell” it