Frontier guys, jumpseating baggage question

B200 Hawk

Jumpseating on Frontier tomorrow and traveling with my wife who has a revenue ticket. I’m not a tight *** by any means and will gladly spend the $35 or whatever for a carry on for her but would the gate agents allow her the free carry on bag if I explain she is traveling with me? I know with the id90 they allow the free bags, just didn’t know if it would extend to a revenue booking.

Thanks for the help.

Jumpseating on Frontier tomorrow and traveling with my wife who has a revenue ticket. I’m not a tight *** by any means and will gladly spend the $35 or whatever for a carry on for her but would the gate agents allow her the free carry on bag if I explain she is traveling with me? I know with the id90 they allow the free bags, just didn’t know if it would extend to a revenue booking.

Thanks for the help.

When I'm travelling domestic with my wife and I'm jumpseating, I always check the bag in under my name as a jumpseater so the bag goes free. Just ask to jumpseat list at the gate in order to check in a bag. I've done this with all three AA, DL, and UA. For AA, you already have a pseudo-listing from myIDtravel. For Delta and United, you list at the gate but when checking in a bag I've done it at ticket counters.

Isn't Frontier jumpseat listing done on ID90? List for the jumpseat, get your 6 digit PNR, then go to desk and check bag in your name.

I still remember moving to CA for the first time in 2012 and had my wife fly standby on Frontier. She had 4 bags. The first one is free for a non-rev, (back then) bags 2, 3, and 4 cost a grand total of $100. I gave her a $100 bill for the bag fees. At checkin the Frontier guy asked why so many bags out of DTW, where was she going (she was alone with 4 bags). She explained she was moving, leaving MI for CA, and the husband was already there. The guy took all 4 bags, winked, and gave her 4 tags and told her she'd get a seat at the gate and off she went for free.

gne in prog

I still remember moving to CA for the first time in 2012 and had my wife fly standby on Frontier. She had 4 bags. The first one is free for a non-rev, (back then) bags 2, 3, and 4 cost a grand total of $100. I gave her a $100 bill for the bag fees. At checkin the Frontier guy asked why so many bags out of DTW, where was she going (she was alone with 4 bags). She explained she was moving, leaving MI for CA, and the husband was already there. The guy took all 4 bags, winked, and gave her 4 tags and told her she'd get a seat at the gate and off she went for free.
Not to one up you, but i remember being a revenue passenger and instead of disdain and sneers they gave me a cookie.