Friction in the cockpit

A1TAPE

There was an accident years ago where a crew crashed because on the ground the PIC berated the FO so much that he didn't say anything during the flight even the required altitude callouts which caused them to crash short of the runway.

Bamaaviator

There was an accident years ago where a crew crashed because on the ground the PIC berated the FO so much that he didn't say anything during the flight even the required altitude callouts which caused them to crash short of the runway.
Which accident was that? I’m curious

Bamaaviator

I always like reading up on accident reports and investigations, I think it teaches us many many things, and more importantly to learn from the mistakes of others.

I hope captains like him are more a thing of the past. If any captains are still behaving like that today, they need to be kicked out of the cockpit by their management. These people always create huge problems. If they want to be THAT intimidating to their subordinates, maybe they should coach high school football, or be a prison guard or something. They don’t belong in the cockpit of any aircraft. I couldn’t imagine being so shutdown to the point of not giving required callouts on the approach.

z987k

I always like reading up on accident reports and investigations, I think it teaches us many many things, and more importantly to learn from the mistakes of others.

I hope captains like him are more a thing of the past. If any captains are still behaving like that today, they need to be kicked out of the cockpit by their management. These people always create huge problems. If they want to be THAT intimidating to their subordinates, maybe they should coach high school football, or be a prison guard or something. They don’t belong in the cockpit of any aircraft. I couldn’t imagine being so shutdown to the point of not giving required callouts on the approach.
We've got one that's been here probably 20 years that is awful. Company won't do anything, union doesnt seem to be much help. Hell he's a committee head.
Most insecure guy I've ever met to.