Former USAF pilot gets called by the FAA because of a student pilot

Inverted

The journey is the meat in the goal sandwich
This student pilot needs to be shown Jerry Wagners YouTube channel, he would have a field day...

ZeroPapaGolf

At this point I think every popular aviation Youtuber has dealt with this at least once, some multiple times. Except Jerry. How is that guy totally teflon-coated? An ASI over on Reddit claims the FAA won't take action based on video alone, but that seems proven false by Greg's experience and several others who were contacted regarding Youtube videos. Beats me.

Richman

At this point I think every popular aviation Youtuber has dealt with this at least once, some multiple times. Except Jerry. How is that guy totally teflon-coated? An ASI over on Reddit claims the FAA won't take action based on video alone, but that seems proven false by Greg's experience and several others who were contacted regarding Youtube videos. Beats me.
Juiced in.

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
Reason # 468 why I don’t share videos taken during my antics.
Too many internet safety inspectors out there.
Right, I don't get why there's this phenomenon of this.

I actually watched his video too to see if there was anything worth mentioning here about the enforcement process or whatever; dude sounds hella arrogant too, "I do this for you."

Bro, nobody cares you have a phenom brah, why do you need to "share" your phenom experience with everyone else, nobody cares.

BlueMoon

I actually watched his video too to see if there was anything worth mentioning here about the enforcement process or whatever; dude sounds hella arrogant too, "I do this for you."

Bro, nobody cares you have a phenom brah, why do you need to "share" your phenom experience with everyone else, nobody cares.
Posting videos of yourself flying on YouTube is arrogance. You feel what you are doing is so important, interesting, or cool, that you feel you need to show it off to strangers. Don't be shocked when someone who is as arrogant tries to one up you by doing or saying something stupid.

Since I fly for a living my view is probably pretty skewed and find most flying videos pretty uninteresting.

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
This guy decided to post a video of himself having to make an emergency landing due to a cluster headache that he sometimes gets. Starts about 09:00.

I know it's LSA, but I think there's something in there about known medical conditions. As you can see in the comments, plenty of people recommending he take it down.

Autothrust Blue

"Blakeley's face was grave."
This is however many minutes of my life I won't be getting back — and that's coming from me, which should tell you how truly frivolous it is.

Hooray for your thousand hours in a Viper and the jet you own, basically.

A Life Aloft

Civilian Patriot
This guy decided to post a video of himself having to make an emergency landing due to a cluster headache that he sometimes gets. Starts about 09:00.

I know it's LSA, but I think there's something in there about known medical conditions. As you can see in the comments, plenty of people recommending he take it down.

This one is even better:

Conrad

Impromptu Airshow Act Nets Seven-Month Suspension

trafficinsight

I chuckled at one of the comments on this one, "the government will go after you for anything."

I mean, why bother when they can just go after you for the thing you filmed...

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.

The only part of 91.303 that’s he’s in compliance with was the parachute. Airspace designated for an airport, check. Within the lateral boundaries of an airway, check. Over an open assembly of people, check. Maybe he didn’t go below 1,500 agl... but he certainly “f’d up so bad that the FAA couldn’t ignore it.”

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
This reminds me af another guy I know of that is a professional pilot and fancies himself as an air racer and an airshow act. He’s also posted videos of himself doing aerobatics inside the airspace designated for an airport, on an airway (you can see the VOR during the loop) and even exceeding 250kts below ten. The same guy once told me that he wouldn’t teach aerobatics because it would be at risk of jeopardizing his day job. Haha haha.

Last edited:

MFT1Air

Wonder if HE got reported to someone. . .just because.

Inverted

The journey is the meat in the goal sandwich
This reminds me af another guy I know of that is a professional pilot and fancies himself as an air racer and an airshow act. He’s also posted videos of himself doing aerobatics inside the airspace designated for an airport, on an airway (you can see the VOR during the loop) and even exceeding 250kts below ten. The same guy once told me that he wouldn’t teach aerobatics because it would be at risk of jeopardizing his day job. Haha haha.
This wouldn’t happen to be a JB pilot who lives in Florida would it? :p

jk I know it is cause I know exactly who you are talking about.