Foreigner in BA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I_Money

From BAjobs:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR> Age/Residency

Aged between 18 and 26 at the time of application (you may be 27 when you start training)
Passport allowing unrestricted worldwide travel
Entitled to live and work in the EU without time restriction

Academic Qualifications

5 GCSEs or equivalent at Grade C or above, including English Language, Mathematics and a Science subject
2 or more GCE A Levels in core academic subjects (excluding General Studies and some other subjects) at Grade C or above, or an Honours Degree at Class 2:2 or above. Equivalent qualifications may be acceptable.
Evidence of setting and achieving high standards

Physical Attributes

Height between 1.57m (5'2") and 1.91m (6'3") with weight in proportion to height. (Height is accurately determined during the assessment process).
Physically fit and able to satisfy JAA/UK CAA Licence medical requirements (Class 1) and British Airways medical requirements. NB British Airways medical criteria for employment is of a higher standard than the CAA requirement.
Normal vision (wearing glasses does not mean automatic rejection)
Communication Skills

Fluent in English
Clear speaking voice
Confident communication skills
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So you will need an EU passport, also the BA has stopped accepting applications on Sept 14th and on Sept 18th all TEP applications where frozen.

[ December 29, 2001: Message edited by: Iain ]

haree

Hi

Im a Software engineering student from INDIA. I am dreaming of becoming a ATP with BA.Recently i came to know abt the Sponsored scheme.

Is there anyone who could gimme info wheter a foreigner will be allowed for the SES ???

C ya

haree

Thanks i already read that on the web but is there anyway i can get into this???

Like a work permit so that i can work and get my citizenship there?

I_Money

Getting the rights to live and work in the UK is very hard. Much harder then getting into BA, where 30,000 people apply for 150 places.

haree

Thanks for the info Iain. So did u actually mean we can get a work right in UK (Not for BA but for others???)

C ya

haree

Hi

If aviation scene in india is nice.I'dnt have posted in this guestbook.
Anyway its bad.We have Air-India International -- Bankrupt
Indian airlines Domestic -- got warning from Aribus --- old planes
Jet Airways -- Great airline domestic -- but no recruitment

Well figure out the rest

spandey

Hey Haree,

I have a friend who is Indian and it training to be a pilot. he says he's looking at Canada, nepal and Sri Lanka. Also doesn't Singapore Airlines have some special thing for Indian citizens?

Do you want to be a pilot or ATC? have you made up your mind?

spandey

got the last post wrong. I thought you had mentioned being interested in ATC but that was someone else.

haree

Hey shon

Where did u learn that SIA has a consideration for Indians???

As for your friend let him look in Canada 1st choice.Sri lankan airlines are a bit down and their fleet is too small to accomodate more pilots (Based on a article i read).

Nepal is a good neighbour but after a few incidents like the hijack and the royal assasination the chances are holding back...

Anyway keep in touch

spandey

I heard about SIA just talking around and through discussion groups. They have a few Indian pilots flying for them. However I think you have to give up your Indian citizenship and become a citizen of Singapore and also you sign a bond to the company for a commitment of some no of years.Similarly you can check out Malaysia and Phillipines.

From what I hear once the asian governments open up their skies and markets a little more aviation will start booming. Most of my friends say in Asia it is a very political scene and its who you know that gets you the job.

Have you started working on your pilots license as yet?

haree

Hi shon

Well i'll surely check out that..
Nope i havent started my flying lessons yet but i am trying to get in by 2003

Keep in touch
C ya

zsolez

haree,

If you are a software engineer student than you would have good chances to get a relatively easy (though long) immigration into the USA through your profession. I would consider that option as well. Flying for a US carrier might be just as nice of a dream than flying for BA... just a thought...

haree

Thanks solez

I am going to giv it a try after i finsh this course. Thru some accelerated program,--- Any comments?????

Status
Not open for further replies.