For the Compass and GoJet pilots

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
You miss takeoffs and landings? You're on a 320 series aircraft, with only one other pilot. You're not a widebody.
I think I had one takeoff and one landing in all of June. Came in, flew redeye, went home. Was very strange. The whole thing is still really strange to me. “Wait, that’s it? We’re done for the day? And we don’t have to wait for the people to get off either? Well...okay”

I’ve worked more lately, but that’s the least busy I’ve ever been.

poser765

I think I had one takeoff and one landing in all of June. Came in, flew redeye, went home. Was very strange. The whole thing is still really strange to me. “Wait, that’s it? We’re done for the day? And we don’t have to wait for the people to get off either? Well...okay”

I’ve worked more lately, but that’s the least busy I’ve ever been.
The number of one and dones I do is shocking, and I still a bitt like a butt head just bailing on the FAs during deplaning.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Well, it’s like this. I’m from a small town and had only been east of Arizona once when I was a kid.

So seeing the ‘burgs, the ‘villes, quirky Montana towns was amazing, but at some point, you’re not happy with that real good plate of Nachos at the Sip ‘N Dip, you want that Argentine steakhouse in Buenos Aires, that weird electro-punk dive bar in Berlin with the chimpanzee or that place with the really good Shawarma and ice cold Star beer hidden near the old port in Tel Aviv.

The 320 captain gig is a lot of fun, but personally, I’m all about big jets far places. Deaths and retirements, I’m almost back. LOL

Last edited:

Cherokee_Cruiser

Well, it’s like this. I’ve from a small town and had only been east of Arizona once when I was a kid.

So seeing the ‘burgs, the ‘villes, quirky Montana towns was amazing, but at some point, you’re not happy with that real good plate of Nachos at the Sip ‘N Dip, you want that Argentine steakhouse in Buenos Aires, that weird electro-punk dive bar in Berlin with the chimpanzee or that place with the really good Shawarma and ice cold Star beer hidden near the old port in Tel Aviv.

The 320 captain gig is a lot of fun, but personally, I’m all about big jets far places. Deaths and retirements, I’m almost back. LOL
You bidding out of LAX 320 for SLC? Or DTW again? Or is the next move the 7ER captain or 330?

Our layovers for the most part are 10-19 hrs if stateside, occasional 24+ hr layovers when the schedules are such that an earlier return isn't possible (eg, weekend service with a redeye). The Hawaii flying is where the 24+ hr layovers are and from what I hear excellent overnights. The Bus isn't doing those but apparently starting in January the NEO bus takes some SEA/PDX to OGG flights.

State side layovers? They're short enough that honestly I don't don't even care anymore what city it is. I have my few personal favorites (@mikecweb ) ORD has Giordanos, and I kill for that pizza every time I overnight at ORD.

Luigi

You bidding out of LAX 320 for SLC? Or DTW again? Or is the next move the 7ER captain or 330?

Our layovers for the most part are 10-19 hrs if stateside, occasional 24+ hr layovers when the schedules are such that an earlier return isn't possible (eg, weekend service with a redeye). The Hawaii flying is where the 24+ hr layovers are and from what I hear excellent overnights. The Bus isn't doing those but apparently starting in January the NEO bus takes some SEA/PDX to OGG flights.

State side layovers? They're short enough that honestly I don't don't even care anymore what city it is. I have my few personal favorites (@mikecweb ) ORD has Giordanos, and I kill for that pizza every time I overnight at ORD.
I’d say the bus is going back to ETOPS flying real soon. I didn’t hear January but that would fit. The training department has been hitting me with a ton of ETOPS stuff recently.

Cherokee_Cruiser

I’d say the bus is going back to ETOPS flying real soon. I didn’t hear January but that would fit. The training department has been hitting me with a ton of ETOPS stuff recently.
It was a CP email. The Bus gets at least 1 daily SEA to OGG and PDX to OGG. The January schedule is loaded and shows 1 SEA-OGG on the NEO.