For the Compass and GoJet pilots

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
The “other” airplane almost exclusively flies 25-leg 4-day trips that credit 17-19 hours, with 9-10 days off per month. I’ll never be qualified to move “up” to a major, so can you tell me why I should drive myself to an early grave with stress and exhaustion? With that said, I am gently considering upgrading to the CRJ to ATL and moving with my family back near my parents in Florida. I'd be 30% CRJ CA there, but looking at the line awards of those around my seniority, it's all 10-11 days off, can't drop anything ever. Throw in all the creative "interpreting" going on lately, and I'm pretty meh on the whole thing. LGA as a commute looks like an unmitigated nightmare.

Are you implying that I have a responsibility to upgrade? If so, to whom? To me? To the airline? To aviation as a whole?

-Fox
I've never flown a 25 leg 4-day. Not even close. The legs honestly aren't that far off the 175, especially with your seniority being able to hold probably all -700/-900 flying.

But if you're gonna go to ATL, then don't throw all of the CRJ pairings in the bin. ATL pairings are the worst this company has. So all of this seems to contradict itself.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
MW: "We never had the DGI program."

Entire pilot group: SO WHAT'S WITH THIS EMAIL WE ALL HAVE SAYING WE HAVE A GUARANTEED INTERVIEW AT DELTA?!?!
He be like “Those of you with the asterisk are the chosen ones. They will be assessing your sick leave usage, fuel consumption metrics and jetway announcements. May the odds be ever in your favor”

broncoav8r

He be like “Those of you with the asterisk are the chosen ones. They will be assessing your sick leave usage, fuel consumption metrics and jetway announcements. May the odds be ever in your favor”
Yep, right after he gave his "Are you the ace of the base?" speech to CA upgrades during the leadership class.

And no, I don't think he was referring mid 90s Swedish pop-rock...

Dphoenix

Love lasagna, hate mondays
Anecdotally, know of quiiiite a lot of Compass with interviews or CJOs from Alaska recently, so seems to be something to the memo, but who knows.