For the Compass and GoJet pilots

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
“Just exist”. You guys make that sound like a bad thing.

Come to work, Do your job in a competent manner. Don’t hassle the man. Go home. Meet the minimum work expectation (one exists).

What’s wrong with that?
UGH! You obviously just don't get it, DAD!!!!!

(It's not hard, usually, and when it is there's a shocking amount of support for people who need it. Guys who like playing games eventually lose.)

QXDX

If Delta is gonna cancel and screw the pilots who have faithfully flown the DCI banner for years, the least they should do is offer a guaranteed interview to anyone on property that meets the min quals and had an application active as of this memo announcement date. That way you pick out the ones who were already hungry and not chilling/lifers/don’t want Delta.
Delta isn't screwing anybody. The had a business relationship with GoJet and Compass that those two companies failed to service to Delta's satisfaction. So they are choosing to not continue that relationship. You want to blame somebody? Blame GoJet and Compass leadership for not doing what was necessary to preserve the relationship.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Delta isn't screwing anybody. The had a business relationship with GoJet and Compass that those two companies failed to service to Delta's satisfaction. So they are choosing to not continue that relationship. You want to blame somebody? Blame GoJet and Compass leadership for not doing what was necessary to preserve the relationship.

Fair point. I know GoJets had operational reliability issues but thought Compass was pretty well organized/run. I guess cue the laughter. Looks like at least for GoJets the flying wasn’t terminated mid way, the contract was just run out without renewal. Not sure if also the case for Compass.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Fair point. I know GoJets had operational reliability issues but thought Compass was pretty well organized/run. I guess cue the laughter. Looks like at least for GoJets the flying wasn’t terminated mid way, the contract was just run out without renewal. Not sure if also the case for Compass.
The compass contract was not renewed.

Compass was ruined by TSH.

QXDX

Although, to be fair, I think there is something to be said for the theory that mainlines are consolidating small lift providers to get a better handle on the pilot staffing problem.

HRDiva

Come to work, Do your job in a competent manner. Don’t hassle the man. Go home. Meet the minimum work expectation (one exists).

What’s wrong with that?
My husband always played by five rules:

1. Don’t scratch the paint
2. Show up on time
3. Play well with others
4. Don’t end up in the Chief Pilot’s office
5. Don’t make the news

It worked fine for him and now he teaches that.

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member

What’s wrong with that?
That’s for after you get the good job. Believe me I subscribe to the work and go home, but I think at min someone in a flow through should have to upgrade if the opportunity presents it self before they can move up.