Flexibility Requirements

cimepilot

I changed AMEs a few years ago and this doctor always asks me to bend down and touch my toes which my previous AME never checked. I haven't been able to do that since I was a teenager! Lol. Does the FAA have requirements for flexibility? I can't find anything about it. Just curious why this AME would be testing this? Thanks.

bb10pilot

Hopefully this isn't a new requirement... I can barely get my fingers past my knees before my hamstrings are about to tear apart. Better start stretching!;)

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
The weird part is... right afterword the guy told me I was good and said he'd go get the doctor for the physical.

But in all seriousness, I just got my first class updated last week and I didn't have to bend down and touch my toes.

bigD1031

I changed AMEs a few years ago and this doctor always asks me to bend down and touch my toes which my previous AME never checked. I haven't been able to do that since I was a teenager! Lol. Does the FAA have requirements for flexibility? I can't find anything about it. Just curious why this AME would be testing this? Thanks.
Ok, in all seriousness I just switched AMEs and my new one asked me to bend over for her. She did not specifically ask me to touch my toes but did say it was to check range of motion. She also had me lay on my back and pick up my legs as well as close my eyes and touch my nose...all of this is new when compared to my previous AME.

Not complaining though, she came highly recommended and was very helpful answering questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BajtheJino

I'm looking at you.
I went to a guy a few times that would say "Okay...now go ahead and drop your drawers for me..."
I told him no every time. He'd just shrug and sign my medical.