First female Viper Demo commander removed after just two weeks for 'loss of confidence' in her ability to lead.

JEP

Malko In Charge
Staff member
Now that is has been a few weeks, is there any more information about this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I havent seen anything and I have searched all over. That only solidifies m thought that whatever it was happened on base or in some military setting. Had something happened in the public area it would definitely been exposed by this time.

MFT1Air

Welp. I’ll bet she’s drinking now. That’s gonna leave a mark.
Betcha not. . .with all the ENDLESS possibilities for the loss of confidence, she could be polishing up that resume to transition someplace else. I can only infer from the commander's comment, she is still flying. "Goose, let's buzz the tower!" Oops.;);)

Hacker15e

Dunning–Kruger Observer
Betcha not. . .with all the ENDLESS possibilities for the loss of confidence, she could be polishing up that resume to transition someplace else. I can only infer from the commander's comment, she is still flying. "Goose, let's buzz the tower!" Oops.;);)
I'm certain that she will be just fine in her career. Reference the interview that Maestro gave discussing the career arc aftermath of his Gold Bond video.

Good people sometimes get the shaft, but good people also sometimes survive.

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
Did she really command anything of record?

Is the Viper Team like the Navy TacDemo Teams? In the case of the Navy teams, I'm not sure there was anything more official than a patch, as they just selected a couple of hotshots from the Hornet RAG's.
I’m really tired and read this too fast and thought you said Navy Taco Team...that’s something worth fighting for right there.

Pilot Fighter

Welp. I’ll bet she’s drinking now. That’s gonna leave a mark.
I doubt it. It might even escape mention in her fitness report or whatever the AF might call them.

She wasn't relieved of a command, maintained her flight status, and returned to her squadron ready to lighten somebody else's administrative load.

Hacker15e

Dunning–Kruger Observer
I still have a never-worn McPeak era uniform jacket somewhere. I ordered it pre-commissioning while I was in ROTC, but by the time I actually went on active duty, they'd changed the rules back to allow the old 4-pocket top during the transition.