First female Viper Demo commander removed after just two weeks for 'loss of confidence' in her ability to lead.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
You laugh but given the military’s history on admin verification stuff like that has gone on. We had a guy get half way through the Army Flight School program before it was realized he had never actually gone through an officer producing school (OCS, WOCS, West Point, etc).

He had gone to Marine OCS in college... got kicked out a few weeks in, then convinced some Army Guard Unit he was an NCO in the Marines due to his E5 pay grade sans a DD-214. So they made him a sergeant, then he applied for a flight slot, and somehow slipped through all the way to the first phase of flight training.

There was a story last year about an Army NCO that has been jumping and on jump status for years having never gone to Airborne and carrying a forged certificate. Somebody noticed the font and form weren’t right and made some phone calls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A homeless dude spent months living in a SOF barracks pretending he was part of the unit

Pilot Fighter

If only this forum was optimized for wagering.

My win bet is fraternization with a subordinate and/or married person.

My place bet is something she posted on social media. Criticizing the Commander in Chief is my parlay.

My show bet is pencil-whipping a training or safety issue.

I hope she bounces back and stays in the cockpit.

n57flyguy

If only this forum was optimized for wagering.

My win bet is fraternization with a subordinate and/or married person.

My place bet is something she posted on social media. Criticizing the Commander in Chief is my parlay.

My show bet is pencil-whipping a training or safety issue.

I hope she bounces back and stays in the cockpit.
Rumot mill is spinning one of those.

Nark

Sheepdog
Well Well.....Isnt that interesting. See thats the thing with the internet. It never goes away....

Commander That Fired First Female USAF Demo Team Leader Made This Crass Video 15 Years Ago Commander That Fired First Female USAF Demo Team Leader Made This Crass Video 15 Years Ago
Ohhhh efff right off... (not you, you just posted the link).
We are celebrated dropping bombs on people, setting people on fire and filling their forehead with lead.

Yet, God forbid those same people have a sense of humor.

gne in prog

The awkwardness of the timing given the upcoming “Captain Marvel” movie starring Brie Larsen as a former fighter pilot also did not escape notice.
“Suffice it to say that in a year when the Air Force is set to make a major media splash with the highly anticipated blockbuster action film ‘Captain Marvel,’ which stars Brie Larson as a superhero that has a fighter pilot past, axing its first female demo team lead is far from convenient,”
I can’t believe they would do this to her when there is a new super hero movie about to be released.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
We are celebrated dropping bombs on people, setting people on fire and filling their forehead with lead.

I knew the day in late 2001/ early 2002 when the deployed commander overseas decreed that the weapons loaders must remove the many messages they had scrawled on the bombs loaded onto our jets.....a time-honored military airpower tradition.....because it might offend those of muslim faith (which ones? the ones we were dropping the ordnance on?) in the region; I knew on that day, along with idiotically restrictive ROE that hadn't improved a ton from Vietnam, that we had lost the War on Terror from a military perspective. Just a few months post-9/11.

Autothrust Blue

The frakkin’ CAG
I knew the day in late 2001/ early 2002 when the deployed commander overseas decreed that the weapons loaders must remove the many messages they had scrawled on the bombs loaded onto our jets.....a time-honored military airpower tradition.....because it might offend those of muslim faith (which ones? the ones we were dropping the ordnance on?) in the region; I knew on that day, along with idiotically restrictive ROE that hadn't improved a ton from Vietnam, that we had lost the War on Terror from a military perspective. Just a few months post-9/11.
GWOT was lost on September 11, 2001.

JEP

Malko In Charge
Staff member

Im just glad the whole instagram,twitter, facebook wasn't a thing when I served 89-93. Shore duty is one thing. Life on a carrier (CV-61) is an entirely different animal.

queeno

Ward of the Guberment
How do you mean?
By the fact that she got the job in the first place OR that it made the news that she's out?

Usually "investigated" only when a UCMJ action is planned. But these assignments are Commander's discretion (or politics, whichever comes first)

Oh....so it was HER in the picture!! Makes perfect sense now!!
Like something SHE did that was not politically correct ???????? ever listen to women talk when they dont think men are around .............. and they call us pigs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1