FIRC Time

Jordan93

FWIW, I was able to renew my CFI with my local FSDO based on me being a 121 captain. I just got an employment verification from my company and proved to the inspector that I “mentor” my crew and that was adequate for him. It saved me from blowing my brains out doing the FIRC.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
FWIW, I was able to renew my CFI with my local FSDO based on me being a 121 captain. I just got an employment verification from my company and proved to the inspector that I “mentor” my crew and that was adequate for him. It saved me from blowing my brains out doing the FIRC.
That is FSDO dependent. On some cases it works if you've been a captain in the last 2 years.

gne in prog

I wish i could do that. It’s not an option though as unfortunately, I’m 91. And everyone knows 91 pilots are undisciplined, poorly trained and incompetent.

Richman

I’ve got to do mine in the next couple of months. I might do the AOPA FIRC this time around.

Could be worse...we could all still have to do 24 hours in the classroom like the old days.

ahw01

Were
I’ve got to do mine in the next couple of months. I might do the AOPA FIRC this time around.

Could be worse...we could all still have to do 24 hours in the classroom like the old days.
Were you a Flight Instructor: Airplanes?

Ajax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I've got to do mine this year, wish I could just renew with my 142 stuff but our fed has a...well I'm just going to leave it there.

Nark

Sheepdog
That is FSDO dependent. On some cases it works if you've been a captain in the last 2 years.
This drives me nuts. There is an Advisory Circular out there that defines, amongst others, on the basis of being 121 captains, the ability to renew CFI certs.

If a safety inspector isn’t following their own guidance, take it up with their boss.

Pilatuz

For AOPA Use an auto clicker that hits the only 2 places you need to click, thank me later.

Jordan93

This drives me nuts. There is an Advisory Circular out there that defines, amongst others, on the basis of being 121 captains, the ability to renew CFI certs.

If a safety inspector isn’t following their own guidance, take it up with their boss.
It’s the FAA. What do you expect :)