Facebook down

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Don't feel bad. My Blazer was reported as an abandoned/derelict vehicle while parked in front of my parents house there in PV on the street for half a day while I helped my dad with his plane at DVT.
Your cars are a rouse. Don’t be coy, Mike! Ha!

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Honestly don’t understand the hate.

FB alloweed me to reconnect easily with significant people from my past. I can ignore the political posts, or delete them, without reading (much as I do on JetCareers - not a single person on my “Ignore List,” tho’ I do). Someone toxic on FB? Delete/block and move on. I’ve had one or two challenges on JetCareers. A private message (not public angst and hand-wringing) has, so far, always led to positive resolution and joint-understanding, as far as I know.

I call, too, and text people. Even meet folks for breakfast/lunch/dinner/drinks in person. Damn, if any of you fly into SWF, HPN (MAYBE ALB) or Sky Acres (GA), I’d LOVE to meet you and buy you a dinner locally. If you need a place, and like dogs, you can crash at my place for a night or two.

It’s a tool. I wouldn’t use a hammer to trim my nails. I don’t use FB to get my news or to avoid personal contact with other people. What anyone else does with it is really none of my business. I don’t have to visit their world, though, to be happy in mine.

I just don’t get the hate for a tool I can manage personally, and that allows me to choose those with whom I want to interact.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
I would love to see the world freak out if FB Twitter and Instagram just poof, up and disappeared. Maybe actual discussion would be had in public places again, vs the swarm of zombies glued to their phones. At least Facebook, getting sick of people thinking they’re the subject matter experts because they read about it earlier that day on wiki or Web MD....
Right there with ya. Well said!
Said by two people typing away on their keyboards/phones on an Internet forum (still social media!) shortly after speculating on the cause of a crash of an aircraft they haven’t flown.

JDean3204

Said by two people typing away on their keyboards/phones on an Internet forum (still social media!) shortly after speculating on the cause of a crash of an aircraft they haven’t flown.
I don’t remember speculating... but you’re sure right about me typing away. This is JC though, doesn’t count!! :D

Edit: I’m also on an overnight in Wenatchee Washington... just killin time

Last edited:

Cherokee_Cruiser

This is a forum for discussions aviation and sometimes politics ;)

Quite different than FB, Instagram, Twitter. Besides I got no furniture. No TV, no computer, no bed, nothing. I get a free pass for a week :)

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
A coworker had one of those and it spent more time in the shop than on the road. She traded it in after 6 months for a Porsche. How’s your experience been?
Is it a girl transformer or a boy transformer when it turns into a fighting robot? I could see it go either way.
Oh i wish i had one. Only have a 535. Was considering the 8, but didn't have the cash. Only nice car i have
Lol.

Hope you're ok there Don. Im voting Russians.
No. Well, NO, only if the Russians are not using the hack to insert Next-Election-Botware. Otherwise, Facebook is their good, good, friend.

За нашу дружбу! переворачивайся, друзья мои!!!

Last edited:

FlyingAccountant

I may have written “Bitch! I’ve been here 20 years, I was walking back from the grocery store” after some n00bi3 reported a suspicious black person walking with a bag through the neighborhood.

Nextdoor is the worst
Nextdoor is awful but it really gives you an insight into how moronic and paranoid your neighbors are.

Here's a typical post on my neighborhood's Nextdoor:

"OMG, I saw a white cargo van on the street today, it's a child molestor! Call 911 immediately if you see him!"

Meanwhile, it's just the Amazon delivery guy.

Lots of road rage related posts too...

"If you drive a green Toyota, you need to slow the bleep down and make full stops at stop signs or else there's going to be trouble!!!!!!!"

Nextdoor is awful but it really gives you an insight into how moronic and paranoid your neighbors are.

Here's a typical post on my neighborhood's Nextdoor:

"OMG, I saw a white cargo van on the street today, it's a child molestor! Call 911 immediately if you see him!"

Meanwhile, it's just the Amazon delivery guy.

Lots of road rage related posts too...

"If you drive a green Toyota, you need to slow the bleep down and make full stops at stop signs or else there's going to be trouble!!!!!!!"
Hmmmmm. Thanks for elucidating the second reason for the recent election results...