F9 and NK

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
had some high level training personnel in the jumpseat recently...said they are planning on 50 new hires and 20-25 upgrades a month next year at F9, and large new hire classes resume at the end of the year.

so between F9 and NK lots of movement.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
had some high level training personnel in the jumpseat recently...said they are planning on 50 new hires and 20-25 upgrades a month next year at F9, and large new hire classes resume at the end of the year.

so between F9 and NK lots of movement.
Vacancy bulletin 19-11 has 2 DFW captains, 5 FLL, 2 LAS, 26 (!) MCO and 5 ORD captain vacancies, along with 3 new FO seats (ha) in MCO. The secondaries have me moving up by about 10 numbers in ORD, which is very welcomed. Anticipated new hire FO classes are once a week in September, 14 seats each.

Sandusky?

Did the cost of two months of housing at F9 factor any in your decision? Seems like this would have to be accounted for in the decision making process since NK provides accommodations during training.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
Did the cost of two months of housing at F9 factor any in your decision? Seems like this would have to be accounted for in the decision making process since NK provides accommodations during training.
Spirit pays for the hotel, but training pay is low from my understanding. Frontier you get your guarantee from day one. If you split an air bnb with classmates you come out ahead money wise it seems.

WaterRooster

Spirit pays for the hotel, but training pay is low from my understanding. Frontier you get your guarantee from day one. If you split an air bnb with classmates you come out ahead money wise it seems.
This is correct. Plus it helps with the studying when 3 other people are studying the same thing. Plus then you don’t end up drinking alone! Not that that’s a bad thing.... at all....

CFIT99

All true! I wish I had done that.
I rented a basement and drove from Dallas to have a car. Roomed with a guy I might at the interview and did the sim together...made things really easy. Cost was 650/month but we got a fully furnished basement with our own rooms....

still wish they provided hotels...but whatever.

nsmith2224

I rented a basement and drove from Dallas to have a car. Roomed with a guy I might at the interview and did the sim together...made things really easy. Cost was 650/month but we got a fully furnished basement with our own rooms....

still wish they provided hotels...but whatever.
I can testify your post above is 100 percent factually and completely correct

CFIT99

I can testify your post above is 100 percent factually and completely correct
I want to point out also that we don’t talk anymore and every time we pass each other in the terminal I let him knows who’s boss with a jab to him to the shaft

nsmith2224

I want to point out also that we don’t talk anymore and every time we pass each other in the terminal I let him knows who’s boss with a jab to him to the shaft
I can too testify your above statement is 100 percent factual incorrect :p #False

Cherokee_Cruiser

Ah yikes! Yeah that was Spirit's old 1st year rate. In my newhire class at VX I was the only one for who it was a payraise because my 5th yr RJ FO rate was $41.10/hr.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
I was similar to Cherokee. I left S5 at year 3ish pay which was somewhere around $32/hr and got a raise to $38ish. I’ve been on the up and up my whole 121 career!
Taking a pay cut to move forward is "improving" or something, but 2nd year is grand. We won't talk about Year 1.