F9 and NK

Cherokee_Cruiser

At Virgin we couldn’t pick up on reserve days off. At AS you can pick up regular trip 100% or premium if offered 150%. Both cases it goes above guarantee.

Nark

Sheepdog
If you can’t golf a full 18 with your phone off it’s not a day off.
Seriously. I often will play around in my own bird while on an R day, but I’m well within the confines of what is required by the CBA.

It feels good to be paid to fly your own plane.

Autothrust Blue

"...I know bait when I see it..."
Or open a cold one on your roof.

Seriously. I often will play around in my own bird while on an R day, but I’m well within the confines of what is required by the CBA.
I've never understood playing reserve roulette. It is a duty like anything else, with clear expectations and responsibilities literally everywhere I've worked.

Nark

Sheepdog
Or open a cold one on your roof.

I've never understood playing reserve roulette. It is a duty like anything else, with clear expectations and responsibilities literally everywhere I've worked.
You have to be smart, and be compliant within the CBA+FOM.
That said, know the contract. Know the FOM.

By all means, pull a plagiarizing photographer and get your pee-pee slapped.

WaterRooster

Two types of people when it comes to reserve. Worked or didn’t work. If I’m not used on my reserve days, I didn’t work and will pick up on my scheduled days off. To me I work maybe 10 days a month.

adk

Steals Hotel Toilet Paper
Two types of people when it comes to reserve. Worked or didn’t work. If I’m not used on my reserve days, I didn’t work and will pick up on my scheduled days off. To me I work maybe 10 days a month.
I guess I’m just the other type of person who enjoys riding my bike and going golfing on days off vice sitting at home tethered to my phone.

Autothrust Blue

"...I know bait when I see it..."
I guess I’m just the other type of person who enjoys riding my bike and going golfing on days off vice sitting at home tethered to my phone.
I should get my bikes put together already.

That said, I don't lack things to do while I'm on call either, from the master's degree, to trolling the lot of you, reading a good book and my computing odds and sods. I've been approached about some side IT work on a contract basis too, which will be most welcomed.

WaterRooster

Nothing wrong with that at all. I have side gigs I can do from home and a honey-do list that seems to never end....

Cherokee_Cruiser

Come on, you can’t golf everyday. When I’m home on reserve during the weekday, I get up and take the kid to school / drop off. Then I also pick up from school. We do some activity together in the weekday, which could be out in the park or some play area type thing. I do homework and then help prepare and put him to bed.

You know, a fathers normal everyday weekday routine. It still feels like a day off. With a 2 hr call out, I give 30 minutes for the drive and 30 minutes from employee lot to gate. So even after the call I have 1 hr to get home and ready to leave. I hardly have to go over 1 hr away from my home for any activity.

Cruise

Well I’m not on RSV but I can think of a few non shady ways to do it. First off you can do your best to bid weekend and holidays off so they call you more for JRM or X- list trips. You can also waive your 4 days off now to help you get a large block of days off so they can offer you 3-4 day premium trips without breaking 117 rules. Second would be to bid the reserve block with the least number of departures. When I was on RSV in FLL I would bid R11 because on almost every RSV block I did they would call me and offer 4 days of move up in order to show up at say 9:30 am. Not too difficult
Ok, take a deep breath, it was only a question...a legit one at that. In the past, perhaps prior to your tenure, shady deal making with scheduling was common practice among some of our "me first, what contract" club.

mikecweb

Third Generation Arizonan
At my shop I get a 100 hrs by doing short call rsv which gives 12 days off and 79 hr guarantee, and then pick up two 2-day trips paying at least 11 hrs each. That makes it 101 credit. Granted you then only have only 8 days off on paper, but I’m hardly used on reserve. Living 30 minutes from the airport, if I’m not used it feels like a day off.
101 credit for 8 days off? That's turrible.

Box hauler

Ok, take a deep breath, it was only a question...a legit one at that. In the past, perhaps prior to your tenure, shady deal making with scheduling was common practice among some of our "me first, what contract" club.
I’m not sure why I need to take a deep breath while you explain basically nothing to me but sure, I’ll give it a try. Did my post come off as some kind of rant to you? I was literally just explaining easy ways to make money on reserve. Happy you were able to find something wrong with it though....

Cherokee_Cruiser

101 credit for 8 days off? That's turrible.
On paper. Obviously differing opinions exist but to me being 30 minutes away, not being used on a reserve day still feels like a day off. I do all my normal stuff unless I get called. Getting kids ready for school, pickup/drop off school, gym, errands, shopping, etc. I can do all those things and if I get a call I can come home, get ready, and then go to airport.

June was my busiest month so far and I flew 36 hours, 10 of which I had picked up. In May I flew a total of 4 days on reserve. Picking up the two 2-day trips meant I flew a total of 8 days. I was home the other 23 days of May for 102 hrs credit.

WaterRooster

On paper. Obviously differing opinions exist but to me being 30 minutes away, not being used on a reserve day still feels like a day off. I do all my normal stuff unless I get called. Getting kids ready for school, pickup/drop off school, gym, errands, shopping, etc. I can do all those things and if I get a call I can come home, get ready, and then go to airport.

June was my busiest month so far and I flew 36 hours, 10 of which I had picked up. In May I flew a total of 4 days on reserve. Picking up the two 2-day trips meant I flew a total of 8 days. I was home the other 23 days of May for 102 hrs credit.
I said it above but I’ll say it again. Two types of people on reserve. The people who are in a 4 day block, don’t fly, and say they just had 4 days off. The other people on the same 4 day block say they just worked for 4 days. Obviously it’s easier to be in group 1 if you live in base, so I do get the commuter part, but if you are living in base and are group 2, I got nothin

Cherokee_Cruiser

Yup. The only case I’d concur is if there is airport reserve. Now that is work because you aren’t at home for 6-8 hrs and feels like going to an office job. We don’t have airport reserve but there’s a couple large/legacy airlines that do.