F9 and NK

Goonie

Never say die
I tried the LCR one month just for giggles. Massive mistake on my part. Partly because I waited too long to try it and screw scheduling figured out what they had now (LCR new to the new contract). For the first few months those on LCR didn't work much. By the time I gave it a go they were being used lots, so my planned reserve month off backfired miserably considering I'm a line holder. Won't make that mistake again.

Yeah now I’m reserve in DFW and get abused. Funny thing is I never actually fly DFW pairings. I deadhead everywhere. Oh well, at least I can drive to work.

FlySooner9

Yeah now I’m reserve in DFW and get abused. Funny thing is I never actually fly DFW pairings. I deadhead everywhere. Oh well, at least I can drive to work.
So DFW reserves fly a ton? I’d rather get abused then sit in a crash pad.

Nark

Sheepdog
Haven’t broken guarantee yet, as a reserve. But I’m special and often drop mil leave.
The guy 1 senior to me consistently credits 100+ because he’s smart and knows the contract.

poser765

Haven’t broken guarantee yet, as a reserve. But I’m special and often drop mil leave.
The guy 1 senior to me consistently credits 100+ because he’s smart and knows the contract.
How?! What is there in the contract that can let you credit 100+ other than move up or x/y list?

Goonie

Never say die
So DFW reserves fly a ton? I’d rather get abused then sit in a crash pad.
I wouldn’t call it a ton but it is the summer months so I do fly every reserve block. I hear ya though, I was FLL based and put myself on the call first list so I wouldn’t sit around the crash pad.

Autothrust Blue

"...I know bait when I see it..."
I broke guarantee two months ago on R03. R17 is a barren wasteland.

My X/Y credit for the year is 0.0, despite being listed for all-the-days.

Box hauler

Smart or circumventing the CBA and pulling shady deals?
Well I’m not on RSV but I can think of a few non shady ways to do it. First off you can do your best to bid weekend and holidays off so they call you more for JRM or X- list trips. You can also waive your 4 days off now to help you get a large block of days off so they can offer you 3-4 day premium trips without breaking 117 rules. Second would be to bid the reserve block with the least number of departures. When I was on RSV in FLL I would bid R11 because on almost every RSV block I did they would call me and offer 4 days of move up in order to show up at say 9:30 am. Not too difficult

Last edited:

Cherokee_Cruiser

At my shop I get a 100 hrs by doing short call rsv which gives 12 days off and 79 hr guarantee, and then pick up two 2-day trips paying at least 11 hrs each. That makes it 101 credit. Granted you then only have only 8 days off on paper, but I’m hardly used on reserve. Living 30 minutes from the airport, if I’m not used it feels like a day off.

Eagle421flyer

At my shop I get a 100 hrs by doing short call rsv which gives 12 days off and 79 hr guarantee, and then pick up two 2-day trips paying at least 11 hrs each. That makes it 101 credit. Granted you then only have only 8 days off on paper, but I’m hardly used on reserve. Living 30 minutes from the airport, if I’m not used it feels like a day off.
You can pick up trips while on reserve?

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
I’m crediting 80-90 per month as a line holder in Vegas....some FO’s in MCO and PHL are cleaning up with all the premium OT, met a few pilots that are averaging 170 hrs a month.