F9 and NK

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
Maybe. I’m new here but I have been told that reserve will see changes. How much and how positive, to be determined.

Cherokee_Cruiser

We are all long call but there is no limit to short call conversion! And the add pay for being converted sucks. First two are free, the next three pay 1 hour add but only if they don’t use you.

Oh and field standby (same pay provision as the short call).

But I live in base and this month I only flew 10 days. 7 days on short call/long call with no call.
Field standby? United has airport reserve?! Wow that's awful :eek:

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
For F9 swimmers, I wouldn’t read to much into this. F9 has done this several times in the past. Planes are still coming and you’re not losing seniority because no classes are running right now. The honeymoon phase of the contract is in full swing and along with efficient trips and line holders picking up extra flying, it appears we are over staffed by...wait for it.... about 12 crews. Reserves are barely flying as a result, maybe a trip or two. Coupled with vacation and lond call I haven’t flown since mid March.

Rumor has it that something is going to be announced this summer. With all the contracts soon to be locked up, it seems Indigo has something planned.... new bases? IPO? Merger? Who knows, just keep on keepin’ on and I’ll see you on the line someday!

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
For F9 swimmers, I wouldn’t read to much into this. F9 has done this several times in the past. Planes are still coming and you’re not losing seniority because no classes are running right now. The honeymoon phase of the contract is in full swing and along with efficient trips and line holders picking up extra flying, it appears we are over staffed by...wait for it.... about 12 crews. Reserves are barely flying as a result, maybe a trip or two. Coupled with vacation and lond call I haven’t flown since mid March.

Rumor has it that something is going to be announced this summer. With all the contracts soon to be locked up, it seems Indigo has something planned.... new bases? IPO? Merger? Who knows, just keep on keepin’ on and I’ll see you on the line someday!
That's good to hear especially since I start class on Monday.

Shangri-La

Speaking of reserve I know it's going to change as soon as PBS is finally implemented, but hows life on RSV at Nk currently? Particularly hows life in DTW/ORD? Treading water in the pool hoping to get a class date soon!

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
Speaking of reserve I know it's going to change as soon as PBS is finally implemented, but hows life on RSV at Nk currently? Particularly hows life in DTW/ORD? Treading water in the pool hoping to get a class date soon!
It depends. I pretty much fly something every block, usually a four day.

The flying is pretty good out of ORD, honestly; there’s a very good variety including some Central America, some Florida, some northeast and some southwest. I enjoy it immensely.

Even when they make me fly with @Nark (or especially).

Shangri-La

It depends. I pretty much fly something every block, usually a four day.

The flying is pretty good out of ORD, honestly; there’s a very good variety including some Central America, some Florida, some northeast and some southwest. I enjoy it immensely.

Even when they make me fly with @Nark (or especially).
Thanks for the info blue! One last question, how senior is ord going lately?

Autothrust Blue

Thanks for the info blue! One last question, how senior is ord going lately?
I'm 8 from the bottom in ORD and a September hire. My classmates can have relief(ish) lines in FLL.

We tapped the brakes pretty firmly on hiring for about 4-5 months. Rumot is 40/month resuming June.

Eagle421flyer

Last time I worked reserve (on the ca side)I broke 90 it was brutal. Not sure how it is now I switched bases to avoid reserve once pbs starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Autothrust Blue

Last time I worked reserve (on the ca side)I broke 90 it was brutal. Not sure how it is now I switched bases to avoid reserve once pbs starts.
A ringing endorsement, and largely how I feel about it (except I can't do that - yes, I have tried being more senior).

I'm actually not happy with what they did (or failed to do) with reserve with this contract, even if it is about to possibly be more lucrative financially; the loss of quality of life features (dropping a block) is a resounding ouch.

Eagle421flyer

A ringing endorsement, and largely how I feel about it (except I can't do that - yes, I have tried being more senior).

I'm actually not happy with what they did (or failed to do) with reserve with this contract, even if it is about to possibly be more lucrative financially; the loss of quality of life features (dropping a block) is a resounding ouch.
Yeah the new contract is pretty terrible if you’re on reserve or ever will be. I live in base and commute to a different one to ensure I won’t be on reserve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk