1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Experience with this outfit?

Discussion in 'Time Building' started by nibake, Jun 9, 2017.

1. nibake

nibake Well-Known Member

2. Blake Sortor

Blake Sortor Well-Known Member

Wow sounds interesting! I've never heard of them but their prices sound reasonable. I wonder if costs could be lowered even more by doing it with someone else and switching off safety pilot duties.

3. nibake

nibake Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that the cost quoted is for being a safety pilot. I can't imagine how else the price would be that low. I won't know if I can't get through on the phone, though!

4. Blake Sortor

Blake Sortor Well-Known Member

That is true! I'm curious to see what they say if you end up getting ahold of them!

5. gotWXdagain

gotWXdagain Highly Visible Member

If someone needs your services, why in god's name are you paying THEM?

6. nibake

nibake Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they don't "need" my services. I'm not an MEI, and I wouldn't be flying for hire. The only "service" in question would be that of being a safety pilot. The trade-off is if two people agree to split time, they can split the cost. It really doesn't matter who is the safety pilot and who isn't, for my purpose. So I don't think of it as offering a service at all. I think of it is getting something that I would otherwise have to pay full price for at half price.

There is no chance of me going to fly somewhere for hire when I only want 15.5 hours of multi and then I'm out. Not to mention that fact that I would want to do it in a couple weeks and then move on.

FWIW, when I required large amounts of safety pilot time for my instrument training, no money ever exchanged hands, most of the people that helped me didn't even care too much about hours, they just rode along for something to do. Being able to use the hours to meet requirements is nice, though, and one friend of mine did that. Had I known anyone at the time who needed hours towards a rating, yes, I absolutely would have split the cost with him/her.

7. jhink6705

jhink6705 New Member

The guy that runs it is a CROOK....matter of fact, the FAA have seized most of his planes that he had in McKinney and Arlington Texas...he boasts about his SEL bird being a Sundowner w/180 hp and his twin being a Seneca...stay away...he will show you some planes and take your money and disappear. I was lucky that just on the per chance that I was talking to him(Crook) and a guy in East part of Dallas that I was going to do my multi training with...
    Long story short multi trainer recognized the Crook and let me know the scoop...

8. 10SM CLR

10SM CLR Well-Known Member

That's a pretty serious allegation without much basis, do you have first hand experience with this operation running away with your money. Also, claiming that another company in this line of work (some guy in Dallas) asserted that his competitor is a "crook" is a pretty common tactic in aviation and other businesses without some direct proof.

9. nibake

nibake Well-Known Member

FWIW I tried calling and messages over several weeks and never got anywhere, so I'm pretty sure I will be looking elsewhere.

10. Black Sheep

Black Sheep Well-Known Member

Jhink6075 is a stand up guy and yes he does have first hand experience with that operator.

11. igneous

igneous Well-Known Member

but their website looks so professional