• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ERU has a full motion sim?

guywhoflies

Y'NO WUT IM SAYIN
You missed one of the best parts!

About 400 feet high (eyeballing it) on a 1 mile final, 100 feet chop power, flare for the stars, slam it home, no thrust reverser, and then pull the flight spoiler handle on the ground.

I've never seen a worse landing technique in my life and she's teaching college kids this. Law of primacy...oh my :eek:
Oh yeah, she definitely got the "sink rate" call out on final. The whole thing was a mess. I just summed it up as "ugly". I agree that if she is teaching anything procedural then ERAU may want to put a stop to that real quick.

JDean3204

You missed one of the best parts!

About 400 feet high (eyeballing it) on a 1 mile final, 100 feet chop power, flare for the stars, slam it home, no thrust reverser, and then pull the flight spoiler handle on the ground.

I've never seen a worse landing technique in my life and she's teaching college kids this. Law of primacy...oh my :eek:
Do you go into reverse single engine after landing? I guess tail mount not an issue but I’m a prop jockey so just curious... :)

knot4u

Repeat Offender
Do you go into reverse single engine after landing? I guess tail mount not an issue but I’m a prop jockey so just curious... :)
I once MEL'd one T/R per the captains request on a G200. The MEL didn't say anything about locking both out so I disabled the bad one and let it fly. Put a funny little inop sticker on the T/R lever. I hate 135. Book numbers don't consider reverse thrust for landing anyway.

JDean3204

Even with wing mounted engines (on le bus anyway) you can use reverse with only a single engine.
Oh okay, I flew the ERJ for a bit and we hardly used reverse with both engines and in the sim never cracked it in reverse SE. I think that was just company procedures though.

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
The tower has already alerted the crash cars and such.. One hot dollar to the first person who checks on as India Lima 123. Don't make me be first. Because you've already...had this already done. And such.

Beep

Me thinks this instructor is another victim of the “ screwed up and agreed to talk to a journalist “ club.
There was likely 1 plus hour of footage in that simulator that was cut up and edited down to what was shown, and represented in the manner that the producer thought it should be.
I agree that some of it was a little silly, but in my mind it just re-enforces the fact that no good can come from cooperating with the media, maaaan.