ERU has a full motion sim?

Skåning

Jeebus, that was an ugly recovery. And for some reason I can't find anyone by the name "Michele Halleran" in the airman database.
C'mon dude you need to up your internet creep'n game!

ERAU says she flew DC-10s :rolleyes: but hasn't had a medical in 12+ years, maybe why she's teaching?

https://faculty.erau.edu/Michele.Summers

Professional Experience
Michele Summers is an Assistant Professor with the Department of Aeronautical Science. She received her Bachelors Degree in Aeronautical Science from Middle Tennessee State University and her Masters Degree in Aeronautical Science from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. She has over 5000 total flight hours with 15 years of civilian flying experience including flight instruction, cargo flight operations in the DC-3, commuter flight operations in the DHC-6 Twin Otter on Floats and Wheels, corporate flight operations in Learjets, and airline flight operations in the DC-10.
Personal Information
MICHELE MARIE SUMMERS

XXXXXX
PORT ORANGE FL 32128-7147
County: VOLUSIA
Medical Information:
Medical Class: First Medical Date: 1/2005
MUST WEAR CORRECTIVE LENSES.
BasicMed Course Date: None BasicMed CMEC Date: None
Certificates
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT

FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR

GROUND INSTRUCTOR

FLIGHT ENGINEER

Certificates Description
Certificate: AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
Date of Issue: 2/13/2007

Ratings:
AIRLINE TRANSPORT PILOT
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE SEA
COMMERCIAL PRIVILEGES
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND

Type Ratings:
A/LR-JET​

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Let me just edit my comment completely because I didn't see the video until now...

But what in the world was that? The news is telling the public that terrible display of flying is what Southwest went through? Yeah, okay.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
That was... painful. I'm normally the last person to critique a TV reenactment but...

First off... put your damn headset back on after you put the mask on. Ain't nobody got time for that overhead speaker.

Second... How did an engine failure lead to a stall? I'd hope anybody operating a jet (SWEPT WINGGZZZ!!!) would be keeping enough speed margin to have some level of reaction time before the plane stalls due to holding altitude with reduced thrust.

Thirst... that was a sloppy stall recovery, especially from an "instructor" pilot.

Fourth... I stopped watching after that.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
That was... painful. I'm normally the last person to critique a TV reenactment but...

First off... put your damn headset back on after you put the mask on. Ain't nobody got time for that overhead speaker.

Second... How did an engine failure lead to a stall? I'd hope anybody operating a jet (SWEPT WINGGZZZ!!!) would be keeping enough speed margin to have some level of reaction time before the plane stalls due to holding altitude with reduced thrust.

Thirst... that was a sloppy stall recovery, especially from an "instructor" pilot.

Fourth... I stopped watching after that.
You missed one of the best parts!

About 400 feet high (eyeballing it) on a 1 mile final, 100 feet chop power, flare for the stars, slam it home, no thrust reverser, and then pull the flight spoiler handle on the ground.

I've never seen a worse landing technique in my life and she's teaching college kids this. Law of primacy...oh my :eek: