• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

ERAU crash in Daytona

Richman

This was a riddle plane. Their maintenance is top notch and the fleet is new. I sincerely doubt corrosion had anything to do with it.
Even on older birds, service bulletin 1006 has been around several years, and recommends pulling the fuel tanks forward and inspecting the spar for corrosion. If that was really a common thing, it'd be an AD by now.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Are you sure Riddle's spin aircraft is their Arrow? That doesn't make much sense.

I'm not going to blame the pilots until I have enough information, as I'd want that respect myself if I was in this tragic event.

RIP.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Even on older birds, service bulletin 1006 has been around several years, and recommends pulling the fuel tanks forward and inspecting the spar for corrosion. If that was really a common thing, it'd be an AD by now.
Yeah, I’ve been out of Cherokees for a couple years but what I remember is it was sort of random...like some airplanes in terrible corrosion environments with no attention were fine, but a very small number were uuuugly regardless of the environment/maintenance.

milleR

From the recording it sounds like they were on the "upwind" (departure) leg when they went in.

According to the FIRC I'm currently wading through, "the second-highest number of pilot-related accidents resulted from lapses of airmanship during takeoff attempts or initial climb"

Last edited: