Entry level wage for a mechanic?

TheGirlinPurple

I've been out of the MTX for 10 years, but this depends on Part 121, Part 135, or Part 91. If I were to go back, I wouldn't accept a wage less than $16/hr.

It also depends on if you already have your A&P. Part 121 mechanics are in high demand at the moment. I have heard from friends some regionals are hiring as high as $20/hr for an A&P fresh out of school. Again this is hearsay and I have yet to find which ones hire that high. If I were to go back, I wouldn't accept a wage less than $16/hr.

GA and Part 135 can be as low as $10-$13/ hr.

Hope this helps.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
I work for a large 135 with a couple of new people that I can ask, although I think they might have had "some" piston private GA experience before they got here. It's been over 25 years since I was asking that question. These days a lot of wet ink A/Ps use contract agencies like Aerotek to find work, perhaps contacting them would be a good way to find out?

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
I think most regionals are still in the $15 range to start. 135/91 are all over the place from what I’ve heard. Unless you score that sweetheart 91 job where you polish tires and add oil and send all the real work to a service center, the only real career imho is a major airline, and that means decades of night shift and wrecking your body with the work and the chemicals.

Low&Slow

Ancora imparo
An FBO just down the road is offering me $17-$20/hr to start, but pay goes up after probation period. I thought that was kinda low, I was expecting at least $20-$25 to start. Based on what I'm reading in this thread though, it's a fair staring wage. Cost of living here isn't too bad either, so that helps.
They service helicopters, taildraggers and tricycles, floatplanes, multiengine, horizontally opposed, radial, turboprop, turbine, and they do complete paint jobs too, pretty much everything.