Endeavor

mooneyguy

been around forever
It's been nearly five great years since I've had to deal with looking for a job. However my vacation (pt91 corp) job is coming to an end.
I recently applied to Endeavor, apparently so has half the other pilot group in the US.
I'd love to get some up to date info on them. Interview gouge, life at (the new) endeavor and so on.
When I and a lot of other JC'ers applied to Eagle back when hiring was just coming back there was a lot of information to be had here at JC. I walked into that interview and pretty much knew every single thing that was going to happen.
Any current Endeavor people that would like to share, it would be appreciated.

Last edited:

thevideographer

Do you live in NYC or Atlanta? Those are basically the only bases now. NYC is a co-domicile so if you end up on reserve there you'll have to find a crashpad and transportation between both airports. Other than the bases it's hard to find any negatives about the company.

Jordan93

I hear classes are full until September. They aren’t even calling back for phone screenings for at least a few weeks. If you don’t mind waiting and don’t mind NYC or ATL, it’s pretty good. Not sure if your 91 time counts towards the upgrade requirement. We are basically hiring street captains. Pretty much all former XJ guys. They just have to complete FO training and they come back to the schoolhouse for CA training. They don’t even need to complete FO OE. Just go to Aviation interviews.com for the latest gouge. FWIW they have been turning down prior 121, 135, and CFIs. They are able to be more picky. The golden age to get hired by 9E was 2-3 years ago.

mooneyguy

been around forever
I have prior 121, but it sounds now like the hiring spree has come to an end. No surprise. I received an Email (and so have others) today saying they have reached limit for now, that our apps would stay in the "eligible pilot pool"

Jordan93

I have prior 121, but it sounds now like the hiring spree has come to an end. No surprise. I received an Email (and so have others) today saying they have reached limit for now, that our apps would stay in the "eligible pilot pool"
They are still hiring but you’ll just have to wait a few months if 9E is the place you want to be at. We reduced our hiring from 60 a month to 40ish because we don’t have the staffing to push 60 pilots a month. I just finished upgrade last Monday and OE scheduling says I probably won’t start until late this week. My buddy upgraded in October and he was given the contractual minimum of 2 days off before he started OE. Sims are also backed up. Our instructors told us if you have to repeat a lesson it could be up to 2 weeks for a sim slot.

av8tr1

"Never tell me the odds!"
I hear classes are full until September. They aren’t even calling back for phone screenings for at least a few weeks. If you don’t mind waiting and don’t mind NYC or ATL, it’s pretty good. Not sure if your 91 time counts towards the upgrade requirement. We are basically hiring street captains. Pretty much all former XJ guys. They just have to complete FO training and they come back to the schoolhouse for CA training. They don’t even need to complete FO OE. Just go to Aviation interviews.com for the latest gouge. FWIW they have been turning down prior 121, 135, and CFIs. They are able to be more picky. The golden age to get hired by 9E was 2-3 years ago.
Yep, I got this email just today.

"Thank you for expressing interest in a Pilot role with Endeavor Air. At Endeavor, we take pride in being a great place to work, offering a family-like culture that is focused on safety, founded on our core values, honest and transparent communications, and committed to excellence in all we do.

Our airline has been fortunate to have had a high volume of quality pilot candidates over the past four months. As a result, we have been able to extend enough offers to pilot candidates to fill our new hire classes through the summer operation.

We will keep your application open within our pool of eligible candidates for future openings. We hope you will continue to remain interested in joining our team. Thank you again for your interest in Endeavor - Blue Skies!"

I know they want me I just took too long to finish my app. I had an internal recommendation.

phill1174

Yep, I got this email just today.

"Thank you for expressing interest in a Pilot role with Endeavor Air. At Endeavor, we take pride in being a great place to work, offering a family-like culture that is focused on safety, founded on our core values, honest and transparent communications, and committed to excellence in all we do.

Our airline has been fortunate to have had a high volume of quality pilot candidates over the past four months. As a result, we have been able to extend enough offers to pilot candidates to fill our new hire classes through the summer operation.

We will keep your application open within our pool of eligible candidates for future openings. We hope you will continue to remain interested in joining our team. Thank you again for your interest in Endeavor - Blue Skies!"

I know they want me I just took too long to finish my app. I had an internal recommendation.
I think we’re just at the point now where we can’t handle bringing anymore people in. There’s rumors of growth but we just don’t have the sims or the check airmen. I keep hearing we are supposed to get another 900 sim in MSP but now no one knows what kind of sim it’s going to be. I got sick during training and waited a month to get put back in the sim. Now i’m probably looking at 2 weeks before starting OE. They got classes scheduled out at about 6 months now. Idk if anybody would wait any longer for a class date when every other regional is hiring.

I’m far from being a company loyalist but you do realize that OO already flys into LGA on the UA and AS side right?
Yeah, those aren't hub operations, its a spoke in the system... When it becomes a hub for nearly 30 airplanes, it's a bit different. Why they think they can just roll in there and compete with airlines that have been there for a lengthy amount of time, is mind boggling. For us to have any chance of growing DTW again, we honestly need them to do decently in NYC, because if they completely lay an egg, guess who is going to have to go clean up the mess...

JordanD

Honorary Member
I’m far from being a company loyalist but you do realize that OO already flys into LGA on the UA and AS side right?
Yeah, those aren't hub operations, its a spoke in the system... When it becomes a hub for nearly 30 airplanes, it's a bit different. Why they think they can just roll in there and compete with airlines that have been there for a lengthy amount of time, is mind boggling. For us to have any chance of growing DTW again, we honestly need them to do decently in NYC, because if they completely lay an egg, guess who is going to have to go clean up the mess...
Regionals are regionals. Daddy D makes the decisions who does what.

That said, pay is going to have to be something more than a 1% raise if they want to staff that place.

snOOp

Not disagreeing with you, but LAX, SFO, SEA, etc is not all peaches and cream either.

When y’all get out West you’ll know it is not all gravy on the West Coast either.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Not disagreeing with you, but LAX, SFO, SEA, etc is not all peaches and cream either.

When y’all get out West you’ll know it is not all gravy on the West Coast either.
Yeah...bro nothing compares to the disaster that is the New York area.

SFO's biggest problem is NorCal's complete incompetence in moving traffic. LAX's biggest problem is the ground situation, with one way ramps and no place to hold traffic before they end up in the ramp, but you won't end up with a ground stop for 3 hours, followed by a 5 hour EDCT program like when EWR/LGA/JFK heats up. SEA? SEA has tons of runways to land on (taxiways too!), and a little rain.

New York is like having LAX, SFO and SEA all within 15 miles of each other with conflicting arrival and departure routes.