1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embry Riddle Online question

Discussion in 'Collegiate Aviation' started by jspeed87, Apr 3, 2017.

1. jspeed87

jspeed87 Well-Known Member

Hey, I am considering going back to school to finish my degree. I have a slight preference towards Embry Riddle because of the weight of it's name. My question is, how many credits can transfer over from community college? I would like to just do everything at a community college online + CMEL IR FAA certificates and testing, to do the last 30 credits online with ERAU. This is for a BS in Professional Pilot. Thanks.

2. abnpx

abnpx Well-Known Member

I currently take courses online and am also doing my certs on the side. The best way to see if the credits will transfer over is to get in contact with a counselor. The experience I have had with the counselors has been great. Normally if you set up an appointment they are willing to sit down with you and go over what could possibly transfer over.

Good luck.

3. Renaz

Renaz Well-Known Member

In 2005 they gave me 42 hours for an associates degree and 33 hours of professional transfer credit for a Commercial/multi instrument.

jspeed87 likes this.
  4. ChicagoPilot

ChicagoPilot Well-Known Member

5. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Navajo Whisperer

6. ppragman

ppragman Direct BOOKE

This is hilarity incarnate - but to be fair you went to Letourneau which is essentially Embry Riddle with scripture.

That said, of the dozen or so Letourneau grads I've met few of them have been insufferable... that ratios been a bit...skewed for ERAU grads.

7. Andrew_Neal

Andrew_Neal Well-Known Member

I'd just call a counselor or admissions.

I plan on finishing my undergrad there as well. I'm at a community college doing my certs in helicopters and they have some sort of "agreement" with riddle that says you can transfer in and finish up a BS in Aeronautics.

Flynchick and jspeed87 like this.
  8. Flynchick

Flynchick Well-Known Member

I just spoke with the yesterday as well. There was a couple of core classes that I didn't have like Micro and Macroeconomics (came from healthcare). I asked them instead of me paying 375 per credit hour if they would tell me before hand if I could take it at a community college. They actually told me that I would have to take it and then they would tell me. What college has this agreement? I would sure like to pay 100 per credit hour verses 375 per credit hour! Thanks!

9. smack300

smack300 Well-Known Member

Anyone have a rough estimate of how much it costs to finish your degree there? I have two AS's and would like to get a BS. Any ball park figures would be great, DM if you don't want to post it. Thanks.

10. Flynchick

Flynchick Well-Known Member

375 per credit hour...They will accept 45 transfer hours towards an Associate degree and 90 transfer credits towards a Bachelors. Hope this helps!

smack300 and Andrew_Neal like this.