Eastern 3?

Max Power

So, what's the background on the third incarnation of Eastern Airlines (now without hockeystick livery!)? Looks like 757/767 to far away places largely in South America but its all in it infancy apparently. I know this fizzled out the last time before getting beyond charter and I *think* SwiftAir has something to do with it.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
So, what's the background on the third incarnation of Eastern Airlines (now without hockeystick livery!)? Looks like 757/767 to far away places largely in South America but its all in it infancy apparently. I know this fizzled out the last time before getting beyond charter and I *think* SwiftAir has something to do with it.
Well swift was just the acmi last time. Honestly my forray into Supplemental is well past over. I think dynamic bought everything so *sucks teeth* enjoy that.

QXDX

What is it with these this never ending string of yahoos that attempt to start an airline on a shoestring budget, going to places that no one has ever heard of, let alone wants to go to?

If you're going to start an airline you need A LOT of financing. How much financing do you need? Just a little bit more. Then fly to places that people actually want to, you know, go to. :bang:

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
What is it with these this never ending string of yahoos that attempt to start an airline on a shoestring budget, going to places that no one has ever heard of, let alone wants to go to?

If you're going to start an airline you need A LOT of financing. How much financing do you need? Just a little bit more. Then fly to places that people actually want to, you know, go to. :bang:
Owner mentality. They believe there is nothing separating them from. UAL/DAL/SWA

Old Pete

curmudgeon

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Seriously, CNN an Atlanta based news organization, says "Eastern, an airline you've probably never heard of" Who writes for CNN? children?
I once said, "yeah thats the old TWA terminal, Jetblue bought it and are gonna so something with it." A grown man and woman older than me asked a bunch of questions, like who is twa, how could they go bankrupt flying in and out of ny? If they owned terminal 3 too and thats why its not listed. What other airlines are gone. I thought i was being punked on the airtrain mid jfk.

I dont know if Average Q Public knows about any of this stuff.

Max Power

I once said, "yeah thats the old TWA terminal, Jetblue bought it and are gonna so something with it." A grown man and woman older than me asked a bunch of questions, like who is twa, how could they go bankrupt flying in and out of ny? If they owned terminal 3 too and thats why its not listed. What other airlines are gone. I thought i was being punked on the airtrain mid jfk.

I dont know if Average Q Public knows about any of this stuff.
We're two, nearly three full generations past deregulation. People barely know anything that isn't a meme or something sportsball related now, they certainly know nothing about air travel before and after deregulation, let alone who the major players were and why they fell. I mean, "Impractical Jokers" is apparently a movie or some stupid thing like that.

Max Power

Seriously, CNN an Atlanta based news organization, says "Eastern, an airline you've probably never heard of" Who writes for CNN? children?
Well, probably. And by children, it's children of boomers and early Gen X who would have no idea that ATL was a hub for EAL and possibly not old enough to remember Eastern existing. I know your point is that a little history lesson is needed, but anyone 40 and under barely has a recollection about Eastern airlines existence. I only do because I'm a geek and my Dad worked for Usairways, so the airline industry was part of my youth.

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
Well, probably. And by children, it's children of boomers and early Gen X who would have no idea that ATL was a hub for EAL and possibly not old enough to remember Eastern existing. I know your point is that a little history lesson is needed, but anyone 40 and under barely has a recollection about Eastern airlines existence. I only do because I'm a geek and my Dad worked for Usairways, so the airline industry was part of my youth.
Child of Boomers/GenXer who flew on Eastern many times as a kid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Max Power

From the APC forum by a pilot (Smoothlanding) from Eastern 3: While home basing looks like a thing, which would be nice, it's an 18 days on schedule. Also, the aircraft apparently have no ACARS, CPDLC,etc. I received a traditional job application about a week after applying through LinkedIn, but 18 days on in a row is a lot and the entire shaky aspect of the operation is off putting. I mean, I want out of my regional in the worst way, but I don't think this is the way to do it. I have friends at ATI and if I was going to do that kind of on/off schedule, I'd try to go there first.

Here is more info to help fellow pilots wanting to apply from a current Eastern line pilot. Not an official company press release. To apply send your resume to hr@goeasternair.com, not the Chief Pilot. Direct Entry Captains are focus for January class, but classes every month in 2020.

Official website: www.goeasternair.com. You can also follow the company on LinkedIn and Facebook.
Ownership: privately held, no longer any affiliation with Swift.
Aircraft: 8 x Boeing 767-200/300’s owned by the company. All in passenger configuration. 3 in a retro Eastern paint scheme with white tail, the rest in the old Swift scheme and 1 white -300.
Flying: Mix of scheduled (see website) and Charters. We recently obtained DOD approval.
Schedule: 18 consecutive days on. Lately you either start at the beginning or middle of the month. Bidding is manually not PBS and by seniority/your preference. Known flying has been published on the bid otherwise your on home reserve.
Pay: see rates below, 70 hour minimum guarantee. Incentive $200/day + 4 hour min if you stay out past 18 days at companies request.
Paid by the Company: uniform, KCM and Ipad.
Aircraft: No ACARS, CDPLC or FANS. ETOPS being worked on and several ETOPS ready aircraft coming.
Deadheading: Economy Class.
Training: Is in Miami, full pay and hotel in training and per diem unless you live in Miami.
Jumpseat Agreements: Limited but being worked on. Any FAA 121 pilot can jumpseat on our scheduled or some of our charter flights
Hotels: usually a Marriot, IHG or Hilton chain. Some of the times you get the points.
Medical: Single: 80% paid by company, 60% otherwise.
401K: Match is 50% up to 10% of pilots salary with $10K cap.
Profit sharing: In 2020 there is a plan in place, details to follow.
Pay scale:

Pay Rates:

HOME BASED (70 hour minimum guarantee). Domicile $10/hr more, no info on domicile but expect JFK.

Longevity Captain. First Officer

1. 164. 108
2. 171. 114
3. 188. 133
4. 204. 137
5. 213. 143
6. 219. 147
7. 226. 152
8. 232. 156
9. 238. 160
10. 245. 165
11. 251. 168