Eagle Jet International

Airmann

This title should bring out the pundits?
I am about to start my instrument/multi/commerical/CFI/CFII ratings training program, having just under 200 hours. I have read ads for EJI in many of the flight or aviation magazines, and have gone on their web site to read about their pay for flying programs.
In the little over two years that I have been reading this great forum, I have not one time ever seen a thread or post on this forum from anyone that actually graduated from Eagle Jet and was able to obtain a decent job as a FO with a good company? Are there any pilots in the United States that have actually gone to and graduated from EJI, recieved great training, graduated, and then got hired by a well known company? Are there any out there? I frankly have not yet formed a strong opinion one way or the other about this program. I am just extremely curious to know if anyone has paid/gone/graduated/got hired? I simply cannot believe the testimonies that they show on the web site.

Gonzo

Check out pprune a few guys have use EJI and nobody has anything good to say about them.

BravoHotel

Oooh I can fly a A320 in a cadet program with no experience! What happens if you have some experience? Can I fly a 747?

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
oh this discussion will be like watching a train wreck into a orphanage of red headed children and puppies...I'm very excited to see where this goes...:smoke:

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Ahh EagleJet.

They go butt-hurt over my criticism of "US Cadet Programs" and gave one of our career fair exhibitors the "it's HIM or it's US, WAAAAAAAAH"

Chumps they are.

scooter2525

Very well Member
FWIW, OP, I know a guy who did it for AMF, then was later hired by them as a PIC. In fact, I know two people who did that.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
The majority (99%) of Eagle Jet guys I've dealt with were European guys that were coming to the states to build time. Once they were done, they'd go back to Europe to fly an Airbus.

Very few people from the states do their program.

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
These time building places are really only good for international people. I recently had a Korean FO from the program get into Korean Air.

If you live in the U.S there are much better and cheaper things you can do to build experience.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Ahh EagleJet.

They go butt-hurt over my criticism of "US Cadet Programs" and gave one of our career fair exhibitors the "it's HIM or it's US, WAAAAAAAAH"

Chumps they are.
The interesting thing about that was that not only did that make me want to do everything I could to make sure EJ didn't succeed, but it also made me want to never help out the company that went along with it and went with them instead of you. And up until that point I'd thought they (the potential exhibitor, not EagleJet) was a pretty good place.

Craziness.

JayAre

Well I know several who went thru this program. The only ones I know ended up gaining there time thru AMF. EJI does use other companies. One guy I know got into flying late into his life and needed to get hours quick so he did this program in the 99. He was a good pilot and AMF decided to hire him as an FO into to BRO before he finished his time. When he got 1200hrs he upgraded to the 99 as PIC than later 1900, when he quit AMF he was an ACP. Now he makes 100K and is a co-captain in a KA200 for a energy company. Flies maybe 3-4 days a week. One gal who I personally flew with is now with Korean Airlines @ 1000hrs and is one of the sharpest and smoothest pilots I have ever flown with. So yes you can get hired if you work your ass off and are a good pilot. There are others who just come for the hours and don't do jack and end up with nothing when they leave.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Nothing but a bunch of debt and another "Dear Dough, I have 250 hours of (whatever) time and I can't find a jawb that pays enough to service the loan." :)

JayAre

Nothing but a bunch of debt and another "Dear Dough, I have 250 hours of (whatever) time and I can't find a jawb that pays enough to service the loan." :)

Oh yeah I forgot to add I also know a FO who is just over 200K in debt doing this program and won't go far after he's done

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
Oh yeah I forgot to add I also know a FO who is just over 200K in debt doing this program and won't go far after he's done
Funny. So do I.

It sucks when someone has parents pushing them into a career and they only put minimum effort into success.

Airmann

With the new FO minimums taking effect next year, just 250 hours of time in a Metroliner isn't going to do you any good. Waste of money.
If a pilot goes to say Eagle Jet and does the 250 or 500 hour program and gets hired before the August 2013 deadline, are they then ok? Is the FAA going to come in and furlough all FO's that do not have the required hours at that date?