DL and the 350

AAPalmTree

How’s the 350 working out? I have heard rumblings of wishing the 787 was ordered in its place. I’m still wishing we were the other way around over at AA. Every time I see a 350 It feels like the hot girl I never asked out in high school.

JustinS

Had an A330 guy on my jumpseat the other week. He told me the A330Neo has similar performance specs to the A350 at a cheaper price tag hence why Delta has converted some orders to the A330. Its kind of interesting because manufacturers don’t typically like to compete against their own product like that, so I’m really curious to see how this drives Airbus in the future.
Delta confirms new A330neo order, defers delivery of 10 A350s

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
The 330neo has a much shorter range than the 350. But since Delta has the 777 to do ULR if they want to, there's no need for it.

mastermags

Well-Known Member *giggity*
How’s the 350 working out? I have heard rumblings of wishing the 787 was ordered in its place. I’m still wishing we were the other way around over at AA. Every time I see a 350 It feels like the hot girl I never asked out in high school.
I haven’t heard that from anyone.

Missed opportunities and all. The 787, is the ish. They could still get in on the 787-10, to replace their 767-400's. No big order backlog on that plane yet. Yet! Get in early.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Having a chance to peer over the castle wall on occasion, even “I heard it from a Line Check Airman on the jumpseat coming home from the annual meeting” holds as much weight as a Cessna 150 with full gas tanks.

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
Would've been nice I think to have both the 787 & 350. Kind of stings looking around at every foreign destination where basically every airline has a 787 and we don't. Though maybe we're the cool kids in our old skool 767 refusing to adopt to the new fad ;)

Richman

Would've been nice I think to have both the 787 & 350. Kind of stings looking around at every foreign destination where basically every airline has a 787 and we don't. Though maybe we're the cool kids in our old skool 767 refusing to adopt to the new fad ;)
Can’t blame that one on Northernjets. They had the sim up and running, the program designed, instructors trained and otherwise all set to go.

After the joining, they about faced so hard that not only did they get rid of the sim, but got rid of the building it was in.

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
Can’t blame that one on Northernjets. They had the sim up and running, the program designed, instructors trained and otherwise all set to go.

After the joining, they about faced so hard that not only did they get rid of the sim, but got rid of the building it was in.
So you mean the tiger team was already deployed and then they aborted the mission? AA did similarly with the 350.

ClarkGriswold

Non Nutritive Cereal Varnish Engineer

You mean the building where the only safety concern was freezing to death vs being shanked?