Didn't know private jet rage was a thing.....

nibake

Powder hound
How many more of these uhm extremely rare and embarrassing minor oversights until some bright spark at one alphabet soup or another twigs to the fact that this is his or her chance to Make A Name? And what happens to everyone's favorite little transparent fiction of making the PIC the IFSO and the SIC the GSO then? It's gonna be a lot more annoying than that CTS module when that happens! What are you gonna throw a metal detector in the baggage with the bins of snacks and minis? I can just picture the line of apoplectic Range Rover owners at KASE as their new Smurf Overlords relish in making their Betters wait 30 minutes to be groped. 135 already has a target on its back and the ice is thin enough as it stands, zero good comes of this. If, Sky Bully Forbid, someone actually gets hurt in one of these things the entire porcine, cud-chewing, reactive, but also totally unaccountable and relentless weight of Bureaucracy is going to land on Ma and Pa Airtaxi like a cartoon piano, all because some slime-trail-leaving sketchball Disruptor couldn't be bothered to at least go through the optics of compliance.
We had to have metal detectors on board at my last outfit and we were expected to pat someone down if the wand went off. I was prepared to walk off the job they day that I was actually asked to do that.

Ketamine is horse tranquilizer. Didn't know it had approved medical usage on humans. It's a club party drug though called Special K. In psych we have a medical restraint cocktail. Called the B52. 5-10 mg Haldol, 2-5 mg of Ativan and 50 mg of Benadryl. Get hit with that in your butt cheek, you go night, night.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Hey, I don’t know anything beyond what I hear over the intercom when the med crews aren’t isolated, and what i google later. We did have one patient tell the crew “aw man, not the k-hole, I hate the k-hole man”.
Didn't know it had approved medical usage on humans.
Ketamine is absolutely amazing for sedating. It's super fast acting and doesn't leave a ton of side effects afterwards. Some places are starting to use for things like intubating. @MQAAord may be able to talk about that a bit.

One problem with it though is that it can cause nasty nightmares when you are under on it. There is some new research that shows they are controllable by how fast you push the drug when administering it, but there isn't a ton of data points yet.

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
Ketamine is absolutely amazing for sedating. It's super fast acting and doesn't leave a ton of side effects afterwards. Some places are starting to use for things like intubating. @MQAAord may be able to talk about that a bit.

One problem with it though is that it can cause nasty nightmares when you are under on it. There is some new research that shows they are controllable by how fast you push the drug when administering it, but there isn't a ton of data points yet.
Also the vet gave my cat the drug for a minor surgery, she spent the next day leaning up against the walls to move around, with a peaceful, yet confused, look on her face.

Thanks, @BobDDuck. After @Roger Roger post that I did some quick research. And yes, you're indeed right. However, it's not currently FDA approved. So, maybe that could be why it has become widespread just yet. I know that in acute behavioral psych and now Juvenile detention were I now work nurses are still using the tried and true medical applications of medical restraints.

Jimmy_Norton

Opie killer
I don't miss bottom feeding charter at all.

I was in Boca when the JetSmarter airplane to one of the NYC area airports was boarding. Holy crap it was it a freak show.