Delta reveals that they now plan to keep their 717s all the way through 2030

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
They're pretty much all gone from LAX in exchange for 738's and A320's, so much better haha. Now if only we could get rid of the A321's doing a solid 100 feet per 5 minutes in the climb going to Hawaii.
Don’t count on it.

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
It seems odd to me that an airplane that’s an absolute rocket off the runway (every time I’ve flown on one at least) is such a dog in climb.

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
As long as they dump the MD-88s on schedule, I'll be happy. God I hate them.
What's to hate? They're smokey and loud and AFAICT they can't go below about 220 without the slats. That's kinda cool. Plus they get me home with mainline service (and, more importantly, mainline on-time rates) to the hinterlands where everyone else is running a (*$(#$ing RJ crewed by Chad and Chad Sr. (who is about two years older than Chad Jr.).

Apophis

Resident Iconoclast
What's to hate? They're smokey and loud and AFAICT they can't go below about 220 without the slats. That's kinda cool. Plus they get me home with mainline service (and, more importantly, mainline on-time rates) to the hinterlands where everyone else is running a (*$(#$ing RJ crewed by Chad and Chad Sr. (who is about two years older than Chad Jr.).
They’re also ~30+ years old and the on board product as a passenger sucks.

They need to go away, yesterday.

Boris Badenov

They’re also ~30+ years old and the on board product as a passenger sucks.

They need to go away, yesterday.
Meh. I don't see any significant difference from a DL 737, from the passenger perspective. Unless you get stuck in latrine-class in the back next to the pooper and the engines. But that doesn't often happen to me now that I'm SILVER ELITE. :D

Apophis

Resident Iconoclast
I was stuck in 29E on a 717 last week. It’s bizarro world back there for sure. No window shade, it’s loud and dark, and you can hear people flushing the pooper every 5 minutes.

Stone Cold

Meh. I don't see any significant difference from a DL 737, from the passenger perspective. Unless you get stuck in latrine-class in the back next to the pooper and the engines. But that doesn't often happen to me now that I'm SILVER ELITE. :D
Silver elite. That's cute. I'm going to hate letting my platinum for a decade go. This United thing sucks with my airline!

Boris Badenov

Silver elite. That's cute. I'm going to hate letting my platinum for a decade go. This United thing sucks with my airline!
Yeah our travel people seem to love United, too. Of course they do, United are Sadists, too. Status on United is somewhere around "Ebola" on the list of things I'd rather not have.