Delta pilot arrested for suspicion of being drunk

milleR

Scherb said United Airlines offered him a $500 voucher or 25,000 miles, in addition to a refund for the flight. But Scherb hasn’t yet accepted the offer, he said.
“Given that the safety and well-being of all 50 passengers on that flight was jeopardized, I find United’s response to be insufficient,” Scherb said, explaining that another would-be passenger appeared to have received a $1,200 voucher because the flight was overbooked.
lol, what a mooch

Boris Badenov

Someone should definitely do *something*, Captain!
12 seems fine, esp for scheduled service. Like, plan accordingly. Or just don't drink. I'm always a little bit concerned about the slippery slope, where before you know it it'll be two weeks and a decompression chamber, but IMHO it's dodgy to have a beer in your hand 8 hours before report time, whatever the rules. And I suspect it will have a positive effect. I've rarely seen a pilot, however heavy a drinker, who didn't take the black letter of YOU CANNOT DRINK NOW very seriously. This would presumably cut down on the guys who *do* quit at 8 or 10 hours but had too many for that time to be enough.

NickH

Dank Meme
Tramp:

1. Long term homeless beggar.

2. Woman who sleeps around and lies about it.

Accurate. (For Glasgow, possibly not all of Scotland).

Screaming_Emu

Great and Unmatched Wisdom
Hell and death, is there some way to disable this "feature" on my girlfriend's computer? Relax, I'm not tomcatting around, I'm too old for that, but if I get back at 11pm, I do NOT want to catch up over a late dinner, lest I wind up face down in the pasta.
We've tried that whole "lets stop for dinner on the way home from the airport" thing after I'd operated HKG-ICN-ANC and then commercialed ANC-DEN-IAD all in one day. I remembered almost none of it. One of the reasons I get "princess parking" too. Saves 17 days worth of parking fees and a lot of the time by the time I get home I definitely should not be operating any kind of vehicle.

Dexter

Hop off there, Blonde Ambition Tour
I was inspired to cross the border to go golf and happened to pick some up.

Still overrated.
96BF9472-D08E-41C7-BD18-2B22168B63BF.jpeg

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
I was inspired to cross the border to go golf and happened to pick some up.

Still overrated. View attachment 49238
I don’t know about overrated, but it’s not their best beer. Moon man is delicious. Two women. Stag horn. Many many others.

My brother in law works there, so I get to try a lot.