Delta pilot arrested for suspicion of being drunk

milleR

Scherb said United Airlines offered him a $500 voucher or 25,000 miles, in addition to a refund for the flight. But Scherb hasn’t yet accepted the offer, he said.
“Given that the safety and well-being of all 50 passengers on that flight was jeopardized, I find United’s response to be insufficient,” Scherb said, explaining that another would-be passenger appeared to have received a $1,200 voucher because the flight was overbooked.
lol, what a mooch

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
12 seems fine, esp for scheduled service. Like, plan accordingly. Or just don't drink. I'm always a little bit concerned about the slippery slope, where before you know it it'll be two weeks and a decompression chamber, but IMHO it's dodgy to have a beer in your hand 8 hours before report time, whatever the rules. And I suspect it will have a positive effect. I've rarely seen a pilot, however heavy a drinker, who didn't take the black letter of YOU CANNOT DRINK NOW very seriously. This would presumably cut down on the guys who *do* quit at 8 or 10 hours but had too many for that time to be enough.

NickH

Dank Meme
Tramp:

1. Long term homeless beggar.

2. Woman who sleeps around and lies about it.

Accurate. (For Glasgow, possibly not all of Scotland).

Screaming_Emu

Dogsheep
Hell and death, is there some way to disable this "feature" on my girlfriend's computer? Relax, I'm not tomcatting around, I'm too old for that, but if I get back at 11pm, I do NOT want to catch up over a late dinner, lest I wind up face down in the pasta.
We've tried that whole "lets stop for dinner on the way home from the airport" thing after I'd operated HKG-ICN-ANC and then commercialed ANC-DEN-IAD all in one day. I remembered almost none of it. One of the reasons I get "princess parking" too. Saves 17 days worth of parking fees and a lot of the time by the time I get home I definitely should not be operating any kind of vehicle.