Delta pilot arrested for suspicion of being drunk

z987k

We don’t have designated relief pilots. I don’t know if I’m the pilot flying, pilot monitoring, or the relief guy. We decide when we all meet up and brief. So I try to show up reasonably rested and hope I don’t get the first break.
Ya I used to do that, consistently get 1st break if you're not PF which is what 2 times a month.

Show up being ready to sleep in about 3 hours and I can sleep for half. Show up fully rested and I'll be a zombie in 16 hours when we land.

A few of the passengers said they were “scared for their lives,” according to the arrest affidavit.

Americans sure are scared of everything.
I also liked how he stated that she shouldn't be fired. But United needs to have a zero-tolerance policy. Ummm... zero-tolerance policy means. She's gettin' fired.

You can't film and tweet/tag UA, then feel guilty and state that the employee should be fired. Can't have it both ways.

GypsyPilot

I also liked how he stated that she shouldn't be fired. But United needs to have a zero-tolerance policy. Ummm... zero-tolerance policy means. She's gettin' fired.

You can't film and tweet/tag UA, then feel guilty and state that the employee should be fired. Can't have it both ways.
What all these “scared” and outraged idiots really want is free crap, as usual.

Wardogg

I mean... the latter part isnt that bad. Even somewhat normal.
Every single flight I've ever been on the FA always says, " Welcome to 'XXXX'" not once have they gotten it wrong. But i know what your saying.

Either way. Not sure how she got on the airplane if she was bumping into things and slurring her speech.

JordanD

Honorary Member
Every single flight I've ever been on the FA always says, " Welcome to 'XXXX'" not once have they gotten it wrong. But i know what your saying.

Either way. Not sure how she got on the airplane if she was bumping into things and slurring her speech.
I've heard it wrong multiple times. Sometimes it can be legitimately tough when you're on leg 7 between Hub and Podunk regional airport, probably especially for them without an MFD with the airport code staring them in the face the whole time.
But yeah, being sloshed is a pretty bad reason to forget.

BEEF SUPREME

By my third week of redeye reserve at a "Legacy" I was slurring my speech and bumping into things both on and off the job.... and that was just from the fatigue.