Delta pilot arrested for suspicion of being drunk

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
My iPhone has been full of this story and the “DUDE! DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPEND TO PILOT PETE (or Paul, I don’t watch The Bachelor”.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”

"There's always a chance the plane might have taken off. There's a possibility of that," Hogan said, when asked how close the plane was to departing, and if the plane might have taken off.

Top notch investigative journalism right there. :p
It's Minnesota?

Wardogg

Well the media isn't making any sense in these articles. He was in the screening line....saw there was "additional screening" going on....gets out of line which raised suspicion....gets back into line and then they find alcohol on him. If he got out of line why wouldn't he dispose of the "evidence" before getting back in line?

thevideographer

Well the media isn't making any sense in these articles. He was in the screening line....saw there was "additional screening" going on....gets out of line which raised suspicion....gets back into line and then they find alcohol on him. If he got out of line why wouldn't he dispose of the "evidence" before getting back in line?
Another article said that they did 2 sobriety tests and 1 indicated that he was drunk. What does that mean? Like he failed a field test but blew a 0?

Nothing says you can't have a bottle of alcohol in your bag.

Autothrust Blue

This is true.

The optics are lousy when the smurfs want to go through your bag, of course. And an open container would probably give a wannabe-LEO like them a mini-stiffy. Sealed stuff, sure. "Tanker it in!" :D

That which is legal is not always expedient.

QXDX

Another article said that they did 2 sobriety tests and 1 indicated that he was drunk. What does that mean? Like he failed a field test but blew a 0?

Common sense and good judgement says you can't. Given the general scrutiny pilots are always under, and the sensitive issue of pilots and alcohol, how does a 37 year old adult and professional pilot come to think "I'm going to pack a bottle of liquor in my carry on luggage, then put on my pilot uniform and go through security to my pilot job."? How did he come to think that this was a good idea?

Autothrust Blue

Common sense and good judgement says you can't. Given the general scrutiny pilots are always under, and the sensitive issue of pilots and alcohol, how does a 37 year old adult and professional pilot come to think "I'm going to pack a bottle of liquor in my carry on luggage, then put on my pilot uniform and go through security to my pilot job."? How did he come to think that this was a good idea?
Can't and shouldn't are different, while I generally agree. The optics are crappy, and an open container is even worse.

I don't carry anything I can't consume on duty in my cooler bag, despite a lack of prohibitions about carrying such.