Delta New Hire Pilot Townhalls

GypsyPilot

If you like longer stage lengths then the 73 has better trips overall than the 320. When given a "descend via" clearance, I can also set a lower altitude in the window, and the airplane will actually descend at the TOD point without further input.
The 73 won't do that? The 75/76 does. Just dial down the bottom altitude, and it will descend in VNAV path no problem. You do have to use the speedbrakes or adjust thrust sometimes though.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
The 73 won't do that? The 75/76 does. Just dial down the bottom altitude, and it will descend in VNAV path no problem. You do have to use the speedbrakes or adjust thrust sometimes though.
it will, he flies it, he's saying the other airplane he's talking about won't.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
You know exactly what it's like to go from using ANR headsets on the CRJ to Telex 750s (or the equivalent) on the 717. Going down the runway in the 717 on my first leg of IOE was disorienting. I couldn't hear a damn thing! :oops:
You dont need to hear a damn thing, you just need to concentrate on that incredible "flying" machine that needs slats out at 260.

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
You know exactly what it's like to go from using ANR headsets on the CRJ to Telex 750s (or the equivalent) on the 717. Going down the runway in the 717 on my first leg of IOE was disorienting. I couldn't hear a damn thing! :oops:
Eh, I never used ANR on the CRJ. I rarely wore a headset. I'll probably be deaf at 45. :bounce:

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
260? Amateurs.

300 at 10K, 10 miles from the runway. 1:1 descent, while decelerating to vref, the way God intended it.
I feel bad admitting this, but I had a first officer try that in the 321. I suggested he slow, he said “I got it” and I said, “go ahead and walk me through a go around” (We’re required to once per trip).

It was a great textbook go around later on. :)

BEEF SUPREME

It’s nice having published go around criteria and an FDR/CVR.

Energy management is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
“I got it”. Pilots terms while on duty for “hold my beer”.
Pretty much!

I lead silently. But I always brief that I’ll each of us is going to make mistakes because we’re human, but the important part is self-recognizing and recovering to where you should be. If you make a mistake and continue on a divergent trajectory of making it worse and it goes unrecognized, I’ll step in.

So basically when he said “I got it”, he had forgotten all that pie in the sky mumbo jumbo about what it means when I interject.

BEEF SUPREME

Pretty much!

I lead silently. But I always brief that I’ll each of us is going to make mistakes because we’re human, but the important part is self-recognizing and recovering to where you should be. If you make a mistake and continue on a divergent trajectory of making it worse and it goes unrecognized, I’ll step in.

So basically when he said “I got it”, he had forgotten all that pie in the sky mumbo jumbo about what it means when I interject.
Tunnel vision is a thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk