Delta New Hire Pilot Townhalls

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
You realize the townhall today is the company townhall not the union town hall, or do i have that completely backwards?
No I think you're right. I don't go to them anymore anyways :bounce:

I didn't mean to justify anything, just felt like hopefully we are moving forward and not the same story we've been hearing since March

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!

I didn't mean to justify anything, just felt like hopefully we are moving forward and not the same story we've been hearing since March
I think the company is pretty content to furlough, ive been at two airlines when things went bad one did furlough, ive never seen management group act like this. I think all they're gonna do is sacrifice more of their domestic market share, and no be able to rebound quickly. Otherwise theyre negotiating in bad faith and they just really wanna punch the union employees in the gut. *Stares at camera*

TWP

I think the company is pretty content to furlough, ive been at two airlines when things went bad one did furlough, ive never seen management group act like this. I think all they're gonna do is sacrifice more of their domestic market share, and no be able to rebound quickly. Otherwise theyre negotiating in bad faith and they just really wanna punch the union employees in the gut. *Stares at camera*
Im cautious to comment since I’m new, but it kinda burns me a little how openly hostile they became towards the pilots so quickly. If they hadn’t spent two weeks lying to me about how I’m family, it wouldn’t bug me as much.

This is why I always grind my teeth when I’m forced to sit and listen to another pilot who is a “believer” in their company.

A company is not a family. A job is a business agreement that can be altered. They will ask favors of you endlessly and when you need one you will get the contract quoted to you. Kool Aid is a beverage for kids at home during summer vacation.

BEEF SUPREME

Im cautious to comment since I’m new, but it kinda burns me a little how openly hostile they became towards the pilots so quickly. If they hadn’t spent two weeks lying to me about how I’m family, it wouldn’t bug me as much.

This is why I always grind my teeth when I’m forced to sit and listen to another pilot who is a “believer” in their company.

A company is not a family. A job is a business agreement that can be altered. They will ask favors of you endlessly and when you need one you will get the contract quoted to you. Kool Aid is a beverage for kids at home during summer vacation.
Amazing how when I bring this up I’m a pariah.

Anyhow, let’s just be straight with each other and not have double standards.

I’d do anything to work at a place like that. I have a family and friends. I don’t need that. I’ll work my butt off for an employer that is simply honest and direct...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!

Well there was some free food, so not a total loss. I admit I enjoyed the indoc experience, "So I just gotta sit here, pretend youre telling the truth, and I don't have to take a test on my FOM? OK. Man that sounds great!... Wait, free food too? Holy-!"

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!

Union townhall tomorrow. I thought we were calling them all pilot conference calls and the townhalls were a company thing. My bad.

TWP

Well there was some free food, so not a total loss. I admit I enjoyed the indoc experience, "So I just gotta sit here, pretend youre telling the truth, and I don't have to take a test on my FOM? OK. Man that sounds great!... Wait, free food too? Holy-!"
I gotta admit, overall the entire training footprint was enjoyable. One of my instructors emailed me a few days after a lesson because he took it upon himself to look up the answer to a random one-off question I had. It was a random, totally unimportant question. I’ve never had a part 121 schoolhouse show me that level of respect and dedication before. It was refreshing.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
I gotta admit, overall the entire training footprint was enjoyable. One of my instructors emailed me a few days after a lesson because he took it upon himself to look up the answer to a random one-off question I had. It was a random, totally unimportant question. I’ve never had a part 121 schoolhouse show me that level of respect and dedication before. It was refreshing.
Wow, that was very basic stuff at mesaba/endeavor. Well pinnacle and colgan training departments were unhelpful, but im still convinced some of those guys couldnt read and just made stuff up to "keep guys on their toes". Were you at a regional before?

TWP

Wow, that was very basic stuff at mesaba/endeavor. Well pinnacle and colgan training departments were unhelpful, but im still convinced some of those guys couldnt read and just made stuff up to "keep guys on their toes". Were you at a regional before?
Yeah. They were in the process of cleaning house in the training department when I started. Had one bad instructor scream at my training partner and one APD known for torpedoing careers so he can commute home early.

Screaming boy left, APD guy will die in the sim. All my recurrent checks were an excellent experience with great people who all said the same thing; that they remember the old group of guys and that they always said if they ever get into the training department they will never be like that.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Yeah. They were in the process of cleaning house in the training department when I started. Had one bad instructor scream at my training partner and one APD known for torpedoing careers so he can commute home early.

Screaming boy left, APD guy will die in the sim. All my recurrent checks were an excellent experience with great people who all said the same thing; that they remember the old group of guys and that they always said if they ever get into the training department they will never be like that.
SJI has a couple maniacs in the -88 training department, but they're getting scattered and not rehired apparently. 737 sim guys make it VERY clear they'll never allow that **** in the 737 even thought we're becoming the new -88 seniority wise.

Reactions: TWP

GaTechKid

If you like longer stage lengths then the 73 has better trips overall than the 320. When given a "descend via" clearance, I can also set a lower altitude in the window, and the airplane will actually descend at the TOD point without further input.

Nick

If you like longer stage lengths then the 73 has better trips overall than the 320. When given a "descend via" clearance, I can also set a lower altitude in the window, and the airplane will actually descend at the TOD point without further input.
I'll take pressing an altitude mode control panel button once at the top of descent over eventual hip replacement, chiropractor visits, and being on a first name basis with an audiologist any day.

GaTechKid

My hearing is better now on the 737 because of this....
dc prox2.png

On the 717 we had to shout at each other. No bueno.