Delta New Hire Pilot Townhalls

TWP

I'm on board with the idea of working less for less pay in order to save jobs. I couldn't look a UNA pilot in the eyes and tell them I wasn't willing to take a small paycut to keep them off the street.
Have concessions ever once prevented a furlough? I’m UNA and I’d prefer to not lower the bar to an even worse starting point before the real fun (BK court) begins.

Please don’t make me come back to regional wages a few years from now.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Have concessions ever once prevented a furlough? I’m UNA and I’d prefer to not lower the bar to an even worse starting point before the real fun (BK court) begins.

Please don’t make me come back to regional wages a few years from now.
No one has talked about touching wages

mwflyer

They lost DL a little while back. They were asked for concessions this week to survive or else United will give the contract to Commutair, as they only want one E145 operator going forward.

(At least that's what the interwebs are saying)
If that’s true, it’s proof right there that xjt is in the drivers seat as their preferred choice. Otherwise, you go to both regionals and say “battle it out”. Commutair guys aren’t saying that hey have been delivered a similar message.

my thought: subdoh is playing games and wants to wring concessions out of the group, so he can return to his overlords and show what a good job he did.

L-16B

They lost DL a little while back. They were asked for concessions this week to survive or else United will give the contract to Commutair, as they only want one E145 operator going forward.

(At least that's what the interwebs are saying)
Cheese and rice. Shows how out of touch I am.... so who does ASA fly for now?

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Allegedly a townhall tomorrow at 1300 for WARN letter recipients.
Just what I need, more company messaging. We get it, Delta is going to be a smaller airline and their goal is to beat up on the union employees. Understood. Surrender the market share we have to SWA. Got it.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Just what I need, more company messaging. We get it, Delta is going to be a smaller airline and their goal is to beat up on the union employees. Understood. Surrender the market share we have to SWA. Got it.
It actually felt like the MEC email yesterday was productive and positive. The week before with all this negotiating in public didn't have me feeling very good.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
It actually felt like the MEC email yesterday was productive and positive. The week before with all this negotiating in public didn't have me feeling very good.
You realize the townhall today is the company townhall not the union town hall, or do i have that completely backwards?