Delta New Hire Pilot Townhalls

bafanguy

Apparently, there’s going to be a special townhall for the last two new hire pilot classes…followed by a future townhall for all new hire pilots ? If so, insert all info learned in this space:

Flyinthrew

Apparently, there’s going to be a special townhall for the last two new hire pilot classes…followed by a future townhall for all new hire pilots ? If so, insert all info learned in this space:
When’s the first one scheduled for? Did these classes go through a full indoc before social distancing hit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bafanguy

When’s the first one scheduled for? Did these classes go through a full indoc before social distancing hit?
The way it was explained to me is the two classes in question didn't get through indoc before being sent home. The by-invitation-only townhall for them is in the next day or so...or maybe yesterday ? My source wasn't in the last two classes but is a new hire. The all-new hire townhall didn't have a date attached yet.

Comair 100ER

The way it was explained to me is the two classes in question didn't get through indoc before being sent home. The by-invitation-only townhall for them is in the next day or so...or maybe yesterday ? My source wasn't in the last two classes but is a new hire. The all-new hire townhall didn't have a date attached yet.
hmm, I haven’t heard anything about this. If it is a thing, I’m curious what will be covered as well. There’s a flight ops townhall on our company skynet, err skyhub today. Maybe they confused it for that?

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
The way it was explained to me is the two classes in question didn't get through indoc before being sent home. The by-invitation-only townhall for them is in the next day or so. The all-new hire townhall didn't have a date attached yet.
Kinda weird thing when a couple guys on training pay (likely less pay than their last gig) were told "I don't know when ur coming back" went home and resumed some old work to pay bills and Delta freaked out on them. I hope on the town hall there is an apology, like, "yeah plague world is a little crazy and we just needed to yell at someone. Hope you understand while we are signaling massive layoffs because we are surrendering our market share, that was a very nerve racking time and HR is used a few of you as a punching bag."

bafanguy

hmm, I haven’t heard anything about this. If it is a thing, I’m curious what will be covered as well. There’s a flight ops townhall on our company skynet, err skyhub today. Maybe they confused it for that?

Yes, details are a bit unsubstantiated so that's why I phrased it, "...followed by a future townhall for all new hire pilots ?" But, someone will know the facts...even if I don't at this point. :biggrin:

BEEF SUPREME

Kinda weird thing when a couple guys on training pay (likely less pay than their last gig) were told "I don't know when ur coming back" went home and resumed some old work to pay bills and Delta freaked out on them. I hope on the town hall there is an apology, like, "yeah plague world is a little crazy and we just needed to yell at someone. Hope you understand while we are signaling massive layoffs because we are surrendering our market share, that was a very nerve racking time and HR is used a few of you as a punching bag."
F

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Half life was the first real, "Vulgar expletive" and you'd have it tied on a macro to the I or O key because it kept out of way of the default and most players custom keyboard setup. We've come so far to just typing the letter and everyone gets it.

Also, WASD NOT arrow keys those are bad and the people that do it should feel bad.

flightprofessor

A town hall to tell the tale of how Captain FO walker is going back to the land of never never??

MikeFavinger

Hubschrauber Flieger
Oh, that’s a good point. I totally forgot you guys had “training pay.” When you all did the right thing and retained those indoc classes I had it in my head it was for FULL pay.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Oh, that’s a good point. I totally forgot you guys had “training pay.” When you all did the right thing and retained those indoc classes I had it in my head it was for FULL pay.
Training pay and angry because they got a job when you told them "cya" and "we hope you're coming back but no promises".

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Supposedly the townhall wasn't anything they haven't already been saying. Supposedly if training were to resume, housing would be paid for. Not sure if that was sims or not, but also just saying they are negotiating the retirement package. I wasn't in the townhall, my class was the last class to actually finish indoc I believe. But that's what was passed down to us from people who actually got to attend that townhall.