Delta is posting next week

Flagship_dxer

Legacy Airline Dispatcher
I'm already at a major, so I doubt they'd give me a shot, but anyone have a pay scale?
Even if they would give you a shot, why would you want to unless location was a big thing? Sure, they are right now the most well run of the majors but the dispatch career is a long career. 30-40 years for most. With how quickly things change in this business, todays best is tomorrows bottom airline. In terms of pay, benefits, schedule, workload, there is not a big difference between the majors and all are very similar. If you already have a seniority number at a major, why would you want to take a seniority and pay hit (especially when career earnings are taken in account) unless that major had a location you needed to be in and commuting wasnt an option?

PHL_Approach

Even if they would give you a shot, why would you want to unless location was a big thing? Sure, they are right now the most well run of the majors but the dispatch career is a long career. 30-40 years for most. With how quickly things change in this business, todays best is tomorrows bottom airline. In terms of pay, benefits, schedule, workload, there is not a big difference between the majors and all are very similar. If you already have a seniority number at a major, why would you want to take a seniority and pay hit (especially when career earnings are taken in account) unless that major had a location you needed to be in and commuting wasnt an option?
I could see people taking the hit in seniority and pay for larger yet cheaper Homes and your property tax being cut in half for said larger Home.