Delta co-pilot busted in AMS

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Is that when a person's arms start shrinking to the point where they can no longer reach across the panel and raise the gear?
I once flew with a 767 captain so short, that he couldn’t raise or lower the gear without taking off his shoulder straps and loosening his seat belt. He’d just stretch over and reach at it like a baby trying to get a toy off a high shelf.

“Do you want me to get that for ya?” :)

Old Pete

curmudgeon
I once flew with a 767 captain so short, that he couldn’t raise or lower the gear without taking off his shoulder straps and loosening his seat belt. He’d just stretch over and reach at it like a baby trying to get a toy off a high shelf.

Huh? You mocking short people is like me mocking rednecks, it just ain’t right.

phill1174

This sounds like me trying to close the cockpit door on the CRJ. It’s not a good look after I’ve asked the flight attendant for apple juice and a pack of cookies.

ClarkGriswold

Non Nutritive Cereal Varnish Engineer

Reminds me of the guy who just says "get that for me will ya brother?" Flaps and gear. DGAS level max.

nibake

Powder hound
And here all this time I thought copilot was a misnomer, not because someone's feelings got hurt, but because it actually implies equality, and since there is one PIC and one SIC up front, copilot should not be used, in order to avoid confusion...

Otter1

Next time you’re flying with some crusty old CA, make sure you introduce him as your “co-pilot” to the hotel staff/van driver/etc. I bet that will go great!
I’ll introduce the F/O as my “co-star”. Sometimes that gets a smile, often no reaction.

DeltaAlphaNovember

As my CA got onto the hotel elevator yesterday one of the other people said “hey your copilot is here” to me. Needless to say I got a good chuckle.

QXDX

I used to hate the term “co-pilot” but seems like all the old timers here at the SJI use it...I guess it’s kind of growing on me. However, it is annoying when talking to non pilots “are you the pilot or just the co-pilot, does the pilot ever let you fly” :rolleyes:
I like the way Warren Vanderburgh described it: "Captains and Pilots."

WMostellar

I resemble that remark, but I've never even been your Captain.