Delta co-pilot busted in AMS

AM011309

I’m sure he was just having a stroke. I’m 100% sure of it. He’s a hero. Prayers for recovery and to be back in the cockpit soon, that totally sounds like a stroke to me. Delta said crew duty issue so there was no proof of anything alcohol related.

Baronman

Man...Although I feel bad or him, imagine the shock to the wife and family knowing that Dad is out of a job. Truly a shame.

GypsyPilot

"This close" to being out of a job but the HIMS program does offer a path to continue. It's one of the most successful of its kind out there.
Don’t you have to enter the program before getting caught with an illegal BAC though?

learhawkerbe400

If it’s an illness then call in sick. Otherwise you should get fired no questions asked if you show up like this.

Embarrassing and disgraceful.

Bandit_Driver

Gold Member
If it’s an illness then call in sick. Otherwise you should get fired no questions asked if you show up like this.

Embarrassing and disgraceful.
Could have made two calls prior to reaching security...Call in Sick, Call HIMS and ask for help....

also have to wonder, unless he was a very high functioning drunk, how did his fell crew not say something to him

skatergeek

Beet Farmer
What the guy in the right seat used to be called before people's feelings began to be hurt about a title that didn't make them feel good about themselves.
I used to hate the term “co-pilot” but seems like all the old timers here at the SJI use it...I guess it’s kind of growing on me. However, it is annoying when talking to non pilots “are you the pilot or just the co-pilot, does the pilot ever let you fly” :rolleyes: