Delta and ASA

BEEF SUPREME

We had an ASA jumpseater last night and we did our best to accommodate and both of us were as absolutely nice and professional as possible. The bad decision of a different crew from a different airline are not relevant to my decision making process. Granted I'm not making the final decision but I'm here to support anyone who can ride in any seat in my aircraft who needs to go to work or get home.

Last I checked I wasn't in the boardroom with Chip shouting "burn it all down." Nor were any of the other pilots I work with or see.

As far as I'm concerned we are all in this together. I'd love to work for a union shop but SKW was my best choice for my marriage and family remaining intact. That's why I'm here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had an ASA jumpseater last night and we did our best to accommodate and both of us were as absolutely nice and professional as possible. The bad decision of a different crew from a different airline are not relevant to my decision making process. Granted I'm not making the final decision but I'm here to support anyone who can ride in any seat in my aircraft who needs to go to work or get home.

Last I checked I wasn't in the boardroom with Chip shouting "burn it all down." Nor were any of the other pilots I work with or see.

As far as I'm concerned we are all in this together. I'd love to work for a union shop but SKW was my best choice for my marriage and family remaining intact. That's why I'm here.

No ones hatin playa, keep on playin.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
A JS war is a war with no winners and alot of collateral damage.
That being said; if two entities are going to engage in a JS war, the key to it is escalation, escalation, escalation, as early and as often as possible. Nothing less than total commitment to a war of attrition.

They deny one of yours a seat? You deny 5 of theirs.

They misroute 3 of your guys to Kingman? You ship 10 of theirs on a last flight of the day to Roswell.

And so on and so on.

That being said; if two entities are going to engage in a JS war, the key to it is escalation, escalation, escalation, as early and as often as possible. Nothing less than total commitment to a war of attrition.

They deny one of yours a seat? You deny 5 of theirs.

They misroute 3 of your guys to Kingman? You ship 10 of theirs on a last flight of the day to Roswell.

And so on and so on.
The Chicago way?

NC-Sean

There is lots of us out there! Even in Utah believe it or not. Of course there is also 53% that is raised to have no critical thinking skills or to question authority...so there's that.

JetDoc

Delta profit sharing contributor.
Unless you have traveled another man or woman's journey, I would be careful throwing around the term "angry lifer". You simply just don't know.

Nark

Unless you have traveled another man or woman's journey, I would be careful throwing around the term "angry lifer". You simply just don't know.
Yes and no.

If you're angry that the FO's you used to fly with are leaving in droves to a legacy, and you're "stuck." I question to why you are stuck.
No degree, that's on you, no one else.
Financially, can't "take the first year hit." Again, that's on you.
A few too many checkrides failures, DUI's etc.. again, that's on you.
Haven't bothered to update your log book in 12 years, see the pattern here?

Sure, their are legitimate reasons why someone can't move on from a regional. Most are self inflicted.
Most solutions take time, and as pilots we have little to no paitiemce.