Delta and ASA

Ajax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm sorry for all those involved. I met a lot of great people there, learned a lot, and had a lot of fun. It's a shame to see what happened to that airline.

Screaming_Emu

Cold Ass Honky
A damn shame, I'm sorry for all those involved. I met a lot of great people there, learned a lot, and had a lot of fun. It's a shame to see what happened to that airline.
I spent 8 years there. I know most people feel this way about their airline, but I truly believed that we had one of the best pilot groups. Like anywhere else, we had our idiots but there's no regional I feel more comfortable on than an ASA jet. Despite minimal support from our company, most of us were able to make the best out of any situation and get some semblance of the job done. Especially the small cadre of people we had up in the IAD CRJ base, we got stuff done and made a potentially terrible work environment a fun place to be. We watched out for each other and formed lifelong friendships.

I don't fault the Skywest pilot group. Very few of us actively tried to work at a certain regional, we danced with the one that asked and we made the best of it. But the management at Skywest Inc. took two great places to work and absolutely ruined them, damaging the lives of thousands of fantastic people. I hope they're collectively in a bus accident on the way to some stupid retreat.

Ajax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I spent 8 years there. I know most people feel this way about their airline, but I truly believed that we had one of the best pilot groups. Like anywhere else, we had our idiots but there's no regional I feel more comfortable on than an ASA jet. Despite minimal support from our company, most of us were able to make the best out of any situation and get some semblance of the job done. Especially the small cadre of people we had up in the IAD CRJ base, we got stuff done and made a potentially terrible work environment a fun place to be. We watched out for each other and formed lifelong friendships.

I don't fault the Skywest pilot group. Very few of us actively tried to work at a certain regional, we danced with the one that asked and we made the best of it. But the management at Skywest Inc. took two great places to work and absolutely ruined them, damaging the lives of thousands of fantastic people. I hope they're collectively in a bus accident on the way to some stupid retreat.
I was LXJT, I feel the same about the ERJ group and the company as a whole. I'm happy I got out but feel terrible for those who weren't as fortunate.

I was LXJT, I feel the same about the ERJ group and the company as a whole. I'm happy I got out but feel terrible for those who weren't as fortunate.
Agreed. There was a lot of internet based animosity between the two pilot groups, but between the IAD base and all the ORD flying I definitely felt like you guys were a good group of people. If the two MECs ever got on the same page I think it would have been an awesome place to work.

fisher37

I worked at LXJT for just shy of 4 years after the merger. What a great place it was. It was truly one of the best experiences I ever had in my flying career. I miss a lot of the folks I worked with, and also made some of my best friends there. It's a shame what has happened with the company. I hope everybody ends up somewhere in a better situation.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
A cautionary tale. After Comair, and now this, it behooves one to do whatever possible to have the name on the side of the airplane match the name on the paycheck.
I had a jumpseater that said he couldn't afford the pay cut to come to mainline.

I had a jumpseater that said he couldn't afford the pay cut to come to mainline.
I've met those guys... Some people are so over-extended and living beyond their means that they literally don't have a viable way to take a pay cut even for a year. Others I've met saved for that first year well inadvamce and we're gone in a flash when they got the call!

Baronman

There was a time not that long ago when xjt'ers going to CAL were taking pretty good paycheck and QOL hits. 2-3 yrs. Back then we didn't have the clarity of seeing 4 companies owning the US industry but rather many more floundering about. Now it's oh so clear.

SFLAX

Sucks, figured this stuff would be over as the shortage gets bigger. As for first year legacy pay, I figure, stop paying for stuff, just cover housing, car, food and utilities. And right before you hit 2nd year pat declare BK, clean it up and enjoy.

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer

Shoulda been there for the George and John show. THAT was a unified pilot group! I was ASA 1995-2001, :(

KSCessnaDriver

I feel bad for the guys over there, while it may have been obvious something like this was coming, doesn't make it suck any less. I've flown recently with a number of former ASA FOs who made the jump to my company, all of them have been really sharp guys.

Baronman

As a former XJTer I wonder how will this integration go? Can they be forced to create one list? Forced to give ERJ slots to ASA pilots?

Sounds like an ever shrinking lifeboat.