1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delta and ASA

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by Der_Meister, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Der_Meister

Der_Meister Well-Known Member

Delta and ASA

Bummer to hear, hopefully everyone can get out.

azmedic likes this.
  2. Screaming_Emu

Screaming_Emu You people

I hope Kim Jong Un knows where St. George is.

Alchemy, JetDoc, Skåning and 3 others like this.
  3. wheelsup

wheelsup Well-Known Member

Anyone who wants to leave will be a CA elsewhere in six months or less.

chrisreedrules and tcco94 like this.
  4. Ajax

Ajax ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm sorry for all those involved. I met a lot of great people there, learned a lot, and had a lot of fun. It's a shame to see what happened to that airline.

azmedic likes this.
  5. Cptnchia

Cptnchia Well-Known Member

A cautionary tale. After Comair, and now this, it behooves one to do whatever possible to have the name on the side of the airplane match the name on the paycheck.

6. Screaming_Emu

Screaming_Emu You people

I spent 8 years there. I know most people feel this way about their airline, but I truly believed that we had one of the best pilot groups. Like anywhere else, we had our idiots but there's no regional I feel more comfortable on than an ASA jet. Despite minimal support from our company, most of us were able to make the best out of any situation and get some semblance of the job done. Especially the small cadre of people we had up in the IAD CRJ base, we got stuff done and made a potentially terrible work environment a fun place to be. We watched out for each other and formed lifelong friendships.

I don't fault the Skywest pilot group. Very few of us actively tried to work at a certain regional, we danced with the one that asked and we made the best of it. But the management at Skywest Inc. took two great places to work and absolutely ruined them, damaging the lives of thousands of fantastic people. I hope they're collectively in a bus accident on the way to some stupid retreat.

Autothrust Blue, ian, NC-Sean and 4 others like this.
  7. Cherokee_Cruiser

Cherokee_Cruiser Well-Known Member

True. And especially more so if it's a DL CNX carrier.

Screaming_Emu likes this.
  8. Ajax

Ajax ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was LXJT, I feel the same about the ERJ group and the company as a whole. I'm happy I got out but feel terrible for those who weren't as fortunate.

Antigravity and Screaming_Emu like this.
  9. azmedic

azmedic Well-Known Member

10. Screaming_Emu

Screaming_Emu You people

Agreed. There was a lot of internet based animosity between the two pilot groups, but between the IAD base and all the ORD flying I definitely felt like you guys were a good group of people. If the two MECs ever got on the same page I think it would have been an awesome place to work.

Ajax likes this.
  11. fisher37

fisher37 Well-Known Member

I worked at LXJT for just shy of 4 years after the merger. What a great place it was. It was truly one of the best experiences I ever had in my flying career. I miss a lot of the folks I worked with, and also made some of my best friends there. It's a shame what has happened with the company. I hope everybody ends up somewhere in a better situation.

12. Derg

Derg Naval Intelligence, MCRN Staff Member

I had a jumpseater that said he couldn't afford the pay cut to come to mainline.

13. chrisreedrules

chrisreedrules Master Blaster

I've met those guys... Some people are so over-extended and living beyond their means that they literally don't have a viable way to take a pay cut even for a year. Others I've met saved for that first year well inadvamce and we're gone in a flash when they got the call!

Derg likes this.
  14. Baronman

Baronman Well-Known Member

There was a time not that long ago when xjt'ers going to CAL were taking pretty good paycheck and QOL hits. 2-3 yrs. Back then we didn't have the clarity of seeing 4 companies owning the US industry but rather many more floundering about. Now it's oh so clear.

Kingairer likes this.
  15. SFLAX

SFLAX Well-Known Member

Sucks, figured this stuff would be over as the shortage gets bigger. As for first year legacy pay, I figure, stop paying for stuff, just cover housing, car, food and utilities. And right before you hit 2nd year pat declare BK, clean it up and enjoy.

16. Cptnchia

Cptnchia Well-Known Member

Shoulda been there for the George and John show. THAT was a unified pilot group! I was ASA 1995-2001, :(

17. KSCessnaDriver

KSCessnaDriver Well-Known Member

I feel bad for the guys over there, while it may have been obvious something like this was coming, doesn't make it suck any less. I've flown recently with a number of former ASA FOs who made the jump to my company, all of them have been really sharp guys.

18. Baronman

Baronman Well-Known Member

As a former XJTer I wonder how will this integration go? Can they be forced to create one list? Forced to give ERJ slots to ASA pilots?

Sounds like an ever shrinking lifeboat.

19. mastermags

mastermags Well-Known Member *giggity*

No they cannot be forced.

20. jtrain609

jtrain609 I'm a carnal, organic anagram.

Sure they can.

The MEC's could agree to an SLI, sign it, and then the company could run a bump and flush bid.