Dark Secret of Flight Training School

Autothrust Blue

"...I know bait when I see it..."
I guess indentured servitude for life and a cleaning schedule are two entirely different levels of mistreatment, huh.
I view them as basically equivalent, with the former causative of the latter.

As patchwork as our “pipeline” is here in the states, at least my skill set is portable.

USMCmech

I guess indentured servitude for life and a cleaning schedule are two entirely different levels of mistreatment, huh.
I didn't have much to do with that department when I worked there and all this happened long after I left.

They had some "Dorm Parents" who kept an eye on the students when they weren't at the airport. They would help the kids adjust to America, take them to Dr appointments, ect. At the time I was there, they genuinely tried to make the student's time here as pleasant as possible.

They reported that he had been before many review boards due to his lack of progress. If a student was on a disciplinary hold (for example cheating on a test) they would be given busy work. My guess is that this kid was on a hold for a long time while they tried to either work with him or get his airline to take him back home.

I have a poor opinion of the school in general and it's upper management in particular. I was fired from there over some political BS in 2017. The airplanes are absolute beaters, and the program is rushed. They were accepting students whose English was well below standards and pushing through many students who shouldn't have passed. I'm sure they could have / should have handled this situation better.

Having said all that, I won't blame the school for things they have no control over. They can't change the culture these kids are raised in, they can't make their English better (they have a full 4 weeks of ESL before flying), and they can't make the kids study instead of staying up all night on WeiChat with their buddies back home.

salhnl

I have a poor opinion of the school in general and it's upper management in particular. I was fired from there over some political BS in 2017. The airplanes are absolute beaters, and the program is rushed. They were accepting students whose English was well below standards and pushing through many students who shouldn't have passed. I'm sure they could have / should have handled this situation better.
Great... Argh... I have been looking at these guys to work for as a CFI as a stepping stone. Other reviews have talked about them favorably...