Dark Secret of Flight Training School

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Well, as long as we’re talking about people, I give a giant, heartfelt TOTD award to the individual who drained the hotel lobby coffee vessel filling up his/her personal ginormous mug/thermos.

They really went all in for the bonus jerkwad points, too because:

It was before 0600
Other people were waiting
Didn’t bother to tell the hotel staff
Wouldn’t look anyone in the eye so I was even denied using my Richman Stinkeye Gaze of Doom(tm)
Belittle him publicly.

If you need that much:

A. Make it yourself
B. Go to EFFING STARBUCKS

And remember:

C. The world is bigger than you. Your parents are wrong, you’re not special.

My fellow Detroiters kill me. I’ll stroll through the lounge, both pots are empty, so I’ll rinse out the pots, start two fresh containers and people magically start lining up, waiting for the Bunn to finish.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Belittle him publicly.

If you need that much:

A. Make it yourself

And remember:

My fellow Detroiters kill me. I’ll stroll through the lounge, both pots are empty, so I’ll rinse out the pots, start two fresh containers and people magically start lining up, waiting for the Bunn to finish.
You should just make enough for yourself

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
Belittle him publicly.

If you need that much:

A. Make it yourself

And remember:

This is me, the past 3 recurrent sims walking into a break room full of people with bone dry coffee pots (A former line boy cannot leave coffee pots empty, he must fill the pot and roll the boulder back uphill). One fella had the gall to reach in front of me and grab the pot I had just made to top off his tumbler. He put it back down after a laser gaze burned a hole into his thick skull.

So odd that 15 pilots can't figure out how to operate one of the most critical pieces of aviation infrastructure.

AM011309

This is me, the past 3 recurrent sims walking into a break room full of people with bone dry coffee pots (A former line boy cannot leave coffee pots empty, he must fill the pot and roll the boulder back uphill). One fella had the gall to reach in front of me and grab the pot I had just made to top off his tumbler. He put it back down after a laser gaze burned a hole into his thick skull.

So odd that 15 pilots can't figure out how to operate one of the most critical pieces of aviation infrastructure.
They’re used to their mommywives doing it for them

phill1174

They’re used to their mommywives doing it for them
I’m not a coffee drinker but I’d imagine it’s not hard to brew. Speaking of mommy wives, apparently a student during recurrent asked one of the ladies who he thought was in the FA class to brew a pot of coffee in the break room. He figured out how to brew coffee once he walked into the classroom and discovered the person he just asked to brew a pot coffee was the instructor for his recurrent.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
I’m not a coffee drinker but I’d imagine it’s not hard to brew. Speaking of mommy wives, apparently a student during recurrent asked one of the ladies who he thought was in the FA class to brew a pot of coffee in the break room. He figured out how to brew coffee once he walked into the classroom and discovered the person he just asked to brew a pot coffee was the instructor for his recurrent.
How TF do people make it that far without being able to use a coffee maker? Maybe I should put on my resume “proficient in Bunn, drip, and French press coffee making”.

phill1174

How TF do people make it that far without being able to use a coffee maker? Maybe I should put on my resume “proficient in Bunn, drip, and French press coffee making”.
The same way people come out the house and can’t read a simply road sign or the signs in the airport. Why take the time to find out for myself when I can get someone else to do it for me.

milleR

Hold the door open for ladies, take your hat off indoors, chew with your mouth closed, say “please” and “thank you”, look a person in the eye when you shake hands, and if you take the last cup of coffee then start the next pot. Basic manners people, I blame the parents for any and all failures.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
Hold the door open for ladies, take your hat off indoors, chew with your mouth closed, say “please” and “thank you”, look a person in the eye when you shake hands, and if you take the last cup of coffee then start the next pot. Basic manners people, I blame the parents for any and all failures.
I agree with one caveat, you can open or hold a door for anyone regardless of gender. Women who just allow a door to close behind them without a care when others are just a couple steps in trail make me shake my head.

Acrofox

All fox
On the other hand, one of my students is the best kind of legacy kid.

Dad is a relatively senior CA at United. Non-military.

Kid is 18, one of 4, is thoughtful, diligent, loves flying, and he's generally an all-around good guy.

And just received his appointment to the Academy. I asked him, "Why that? Why not just train and go to college and airlines?"

"Because I want to serve."

I like this kid.
As long as he realizes that the ability to serve is, itself, privilege.

etc. I grew up in an AF town, and all of the people I knew who really wanted to fly fighters were poor kids... none of them were tapped. A couple rich kids I knew breezed in with congressional recommendations, strings pulled, etc.

I have no idea whether my perspective is valid, in this case, but my dad was AF, and he agreed with my observations—being an AF fighter pilot is reserved for the lordlings, not the peons.

Even if my perspective is wrong—which is quite possible as it’s very limited—now I see my brothers and sisters being cast out and rejected because Our Dear Leader wants something to rouse his base.

So yeah... it’s good to have rich parents. Makes it easy to be a “good kid.”

Dunno if that applies to your student, but I think one should be careful assigning value that way.

-Fox

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
have no idea whether my perspective is valid, in this case, but my dad was AF, and he agreed with my observations—being an AF fighter pilot is reserved for the lordlings, not the peons.
I can’t comment on the Academies, but I knew several (4-5) enlisted guys who put themselves through college while enlisted using AF money and then commissioned and flew.