daily pic

Skåning

I love the bow! Unfortunately ours discovered she could take hers off a long time ago. Traveling with ours wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be, she loves to meet new people.
Yeah ours too, but I kinda burned my wife out on flying with the baby recently. Did LAX to Norway for vacation in early Oct. and I think it was too many flights for her. Long haul was fine but the wheels fell off on the ARN to OSL leg haha.

I love Stinsons. You can taxi a fixed wing onto your ramp? Wow, that's different.
What's the story with all the missing T/R paddles and M/R blades, and sponsons/fairings on those old A/L birds? Getting ready to ship? Sold? Boneyard/scrap?
Yup, had to run it up the chain to the SAAO.
You want her? She's for sale... :)

The Med birds are all headed to Army Scrap yard, in Anniston I think. I can't remember the name of the program. They're just taking up my parking space until they can be shipped south... ;)

Yup, had to run it up the chain to the SAAO.
You want her? She's for sale... :)

The Med birds are all headed to Army Scrap yard, in Anniston I think. I can't remember the name of the program. They're just taking up my parking space until they can be shipped south... ;)
Wow, nice! Our ramp is physically blocked from the taxiway by concrete barriers behind a 8 or 10 foot chain link fence. No problem for vertical lift aircraft, but no bueno for fixed-wing. We loaded our last -L onto a semi-truck flatbed headed to the scrapyard this past Spring. Too bad, it was probably our best -L. It was really nice.
6 months ago I might have considered buying it depending on the engine (want to put it on floats). I found a place that rents float planes though, so I'm not really looking anymore.

Last edited:

SurferLucas

Southern Gentleman
GF and I went on a trip to France...started with a roadtrip out to the Normandy Coast.

First stop on a roadtrip, Saint-Céneri-le-Gérei :

Omaha Beach:

Les Braves, Omaha Beach:

American Cemetery:

Then drove down to Mont Saint Michel...it's even more impressive in person:

Sunset in Paris:

Visited Disneyland Paris (getting ready for kiddo's first international trip...and think she's going to be going here):

Around Paris, enjoying clear skies and 15-16 deg temps!

It was a truly perfect trip, and very much needed break from work!